✅ Solved How to mirror Android to a PC-Monitor (HDMI?)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,889 happy users since 2014.
Register

fabienne80

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hello!

1st device: Samsung A40
2nd device: HP Monitor with HDMI & VGA port

Now I would like to have the content (movie) played on my phone - and displayed on the monitor.

Of course I can't install any software on the monitor - it's just a monitor.

A first test with "USB C to HDMI" did not work.

Does anyone have an idea what app I need on the phone so that I can "mirror" so to speak?

(The Samsung S10 does this automatically with "Samsung Dex" - we also tested that. But my sister only has an A40 - and there is no "Dex" installed).

Many thanks for your tips / hints and suggestions!

s'Fabienne

)

MattJones

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I did a search. I hope this helps you.
To cast on Android, head to Settings > Display > Cast. Tap the menu button and activate the “Enable wireless display” checkbox. You should see your PC appear in the list here if you have the Connect app open. Tap the PC in the display and it'll instantly start projecting.

Might not work but there are youtube videos on the subject. I haven't posted as there a a few of them

Last edited:

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
@mafleah , she said she doesn't have a pc, she has a monitor (i.e. just the screen)
Well, I will search around and see if I can help, and reply afterwards

Last edited:

MattJones

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Need my eyes tested I think lol

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Even samsung dex requires windows to work. and the app both on phone and the PC, so you can't use it.
Likewise, the only solution would be either to hook up the phone to the PC via the USB to C (which you said didn't work), or buy a screen mirroring device (like the google chromecast) and use it accordingly (google is your friend, if you need help).

afterwards, do reply if you found the solution to your question as well :)

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Well, this seems to be solved now (seeing the edit), so ill move it to the solved section now.