📖 Tutorial How to Root ANY Android Device v3.0+ (SAMSUNG ONLY)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,832 happy users since 2014.
Register

ViiP3R

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
Hello. I am Johnnyabused.
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Hope it does help you.

Note: I am not responible for any problems with your phone whether while / or after rooting! If something stopped working whether App or similar, you've failed at following my steps! If phone completly stopped working, you have to do a soft/full reset! If you follow my steps correctly, everything should work fine!

So, how do we root your phone?
Requirements:
- your mobile device, Android 3.0+! SAMSUNG ONLY
- A working desktop-device (A Computer!)
- A working internet connection!

Tutorial:
The safest and best rooting method is with ODIN. It is the most known rooting-method.
OFFICIAL Download link for ODIN:
Code:
http://odindownload.com/mobile/
Let's get started!

1. First you need to download Odin on your computer (you can get the file from the link given).
2. Then, you will have to get the update / stock / root package on your computer.
3. Next, unzip all the files on your computer.
4. Install Odin and then launch the program.
5. You must turn off you Android device.
6. Then, you must boot your handset into download mode - Turn off you device.
Then, reboot by pressing the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
Keep the buttons pressed for a short while – a few seconds – and then release the same.
The recovery mode menu should be displayed.
7. Next, you need to connect your smartphone / tablet with the computer; of course use the USB cable.
Odin must notice that you have connected your gadget, so on the tool you must see the “added” message displayed along with the ID:COM section which now should be yellow or blue.
In case you don’t notice the mentioned aspects, then you will have to start all over meaning that you must disconnect the devices, close Odin, reinstall the drivers and repeat the update / root process from the beginning.
8. As soon as everything is working as explained, you should select the “pda” option from Odin.
9. Next, you will be able to select / pick the update / root file from your computer – do that.
On Odin the Re-partition box should remain unchecked (if it is checked, uncheck the same).
10. Select “start” from Odin and wait while your phone is being updated or rooted.
11. Finally, when the installation procedure is over on Odin you will see the “pass” message displayed.
11. Unplug the USB cord and reboot your Android device.
12. When done, you should see a new app called Super User on your device! If so it means that you successfully rooted your device!

Hope it worked for you! Leave a post <3 / Like <3
-Johnnyabused

SusanS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm still debating to root or not. But if I do I will follow your guidance. It's well written and it's obvious you put a lot of effort to it. So thank you!

SᵘˢᵃᶰS

SuperEvilMafiaBoss

Sbennytopia's Underworld Boss
Member for 4 years
I'm still debating to root or not. But if I do I will follow your guidance. It's well written and it's obvious you put a lot of effort to it. So thank you!

SᵘˢᵃᶰS
My advice is that you should root,rooting basically is unlocking administrator access to your tablet/phone.There's no rooting in PC's because you got already admin privileges.The benefits are a lot besides being able to properly use game hacking apps like lp,game guardian etc etc if you're into it...Sure there are a few disadvantages if you screw up during the process like problems in the functionality of your phone,not working at all (being bricked) etc but i personally believe the advantages are more than the disadvantages...And best thing is that if you do something wrong during the process and mess up your phone or simply regret it and you want to un-root your device you can simply soft/full reset like mentioned above...sure you will lose anything but you can avoid this by simply doing a backup of everything you want to save before attemping to root!

Flandre

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I've tried rooting before but I messed up.

The reason I messed up is because I added my google account again and didn't know there was a google factory reset protection.

If you root I suggest that you get rid of all factory reset protections because if you have one it will stop you from restarting your phone

They call it a binary lock and the way I undid it was reinstalling an official ROM.

Dan102709

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Absolutly great!
Post automatically merged:

Absolutly great!

Absolutly great!

Absolutly great!

Absolutly great!

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I know this thread is ancient, but wondering if this is still a workable method to root a device as new as a Galaxy Note 20 5G (not the ultra model). If so, what is meant by getting the "update/stock/root package"? Are there 3 separate files that are required or is it just one? Also, is Odin the only requirement to do this? Nothing else (like Magisk or CF root/autoroot) need be installed first?