How to safely reintroduce SB log in & welcome bonus idea

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,897 happy users since 2014.
Register

Who would like to see this introduced

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
Hi just an idea I had whilst playing a game to reintroduce SB daily log in bonus ... Could we try a welcome bonus for completing tasks like a @Sbenny treasure hunt this could be really fun and help new users navigate the site and build interest ...we could also ban multiple accounts (not sure on how we could track this but Netflix "know me" so sure it can be done) so for example make your first release would bank you X amount of SB towards your welcome bonus and create a step by step guide on how to do each and every task easy to follow and learn how to contribute.... And with this being a lengthy process it should act as a deterrent to anybody who has no intentions of being active 🙂 following this and once completed new users would receive log in bonus 🙂 would love your thoughts and feedback 🥰

AnaAlves

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
That would be nice. Like those initial quests in games hahaha but what about us (and by that I mean "older accounts")? Can we complete the guide too?

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
I suppose we could if we choose to or instead maybe the welcome bonus could be gifted to truly active members there's multiple ways to go about lots of different variations I suppose the man himself would have to decide and make that decision 😊

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Anybody can speedrun a guide, that sounds too easy.
But if it's onetime SB Points reward (not daily and once per account) that sounds like a good bonus for simply learning the rules, if it includes posting (reply) on multiple threads and downloading the official forum app.

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
Yes likeing and subscribing to YouTube channel etc etc use advance search function to find the sbenny app ...I don't know but I'm sure if we all have some input rather than seeing lots of hate or praise or moaning we could all find a solution that works ...thanks @Mark A for your continued support

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Yes likeing and subscribing to YouTube channel etc etc use advance search function to find the sbenny app ...I don't know but I'm sure if we all have some input rather than seeing lots of hate or praise or moaning we could all find a solution that works ...thanks @Mark A for your continued support
Yeah, a guide that would showcase the whole forum and make new members fall in love would be super great.

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Daily logins should be reintroduced but isn't the point of showing up everyday and interacting with others already a way of generating sort of attachment to the forum and it's people? 🤔 Ultimately, this is the internet and nothing is 100% safe so my point is: Are we trying to make it safer or accesible-r? Because both things are a no-no as far as i know o_O and besides, safer from what, exactly? perma-banning IPs after confirming that it is indeed an alternative account is more than enough as i see it :)
Just give the daily login! Nobody is getting rich by showing up everyday, me says :ROFLMAO:

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
@Mark A most definitely I totally agree that's the sort of thing that would help isn't it

@Another Coffee I get your points and for yourself logging in and chatting to others is a great way to show engagement and that works for you but I'm sure we can appreciate that every user will be different and chatting and meeting others on here isn't there idea of fun ...@sbenny is so vast and has so much to offer I tend to still find new things now after a year so I'm sure there is something for everyone ....this is the first forum I have ever engaged in and at first it was overwhelming and took me a while to find my way around I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling ...users will stay if they find something that appeals to them of they are willing to complete a few tasks that help both the page and themselves I'm sure that time invested would lead to a higher engagement rate ...also thinking maybe merch giveaways to randomly drawn users entry requirements ..anyone who likes follows or donates in with a chance to win ?

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
@Mark A most definitely I totally agree that's the sort of thing that would help isn't it

@Another Coffee I get your points and for yourself logging in and chatting to others is a great way to show engagement and that works for you but I'm sure we can appreciate that every user will be different and chatting and meeting others on here isn't there idea of fun ...@sbenny is so vast and has so much to offer I tend to still find new things now after a year so I'm sure there is something for everyone ....this is the first forum I have ever engaged in and at first it was overwhelming and took me a while to find my way around I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling ...users will stay if they find something that appeals to them of they are willing to complete a few tasks that help both the page and themselves I'm sure that time invested would lead to a higher engagement rate ...also thinking maybe merch giveaways to randomly drawn users entry requirements ..anyone who likes follows or donates in with a chance to win ?
But isn't it counter-intuitive? Daily logins is one of the lowest rewards in terms of profit and the ratio in which you earned them. I'm sure that are more productive ways of instilling a sense of commitment than taking away wages...imagine if they were to do that at your job :whistle: also, do we want the forum to feel like a job?
I think that the answer is simpler than mecanics for profiting...what we all can agree on is that we want control over the situation of alternative accounts and the misuse of the different tools and resources at Sbenny.

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
I totally agree this post was with intention to stop new users coming and just taking log in bonus ....for existing users that have been approved and shown as active status (whatever that is deemed to be) daily log in would come back with immediate effect :)

Null6868

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
It a good idea but a little fix there and them can work to.

Null6868

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Maybe we could do a daily Quest system like in a game oh a daily weekend Quest as well like do simple tasks like,doing stuff or something. It will give random sb for you if you complete it like 15sb 20sb 25sb and weekend quest can give you 50 to 100sb.

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
It would be fun right ? And also increase engagement plus once you do something a few times it gets easier and isn't such a daunting thing 😊

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Daily logins should be reintroduced but isn't the point of showing up everyday and interacting with others already a way of generating sort of attachment to the forum and it's people?
Yes, but only if they are interacting, but that's not the problem.
The problem is, back then users can simply log-in then log-out to get the daily SB Points.
Ultimately, this is the internet and nothing is 100% safe so my point is: Are we trying to make it safer or accesible-r? Because both things are a no-no as far as i know o_O and besides, safer from what, exactly? perma-banning IPs after confirming that it is indeed an alternative account is more than enough as i see it :)
Just give the daily login! Nobody is getting rich by showing up everyday, me says :ROFLMAO:
It's not about making it accessible or safer.
It's about preventing "hit-and-run" (download then leave) because it's a forum and not a simply download site. Sbenny wants a fair trade with modders and players.
Post automatically merged:

do we want the forum to feel like a job?
I think that the answer is simpler than mecanics for profiting...what we all can agree on is that we want control over the situation of alternative accounts and the misuse of the different tools and resources at Sbenny.
It could feel like a job if the game you play updates weekly. *Sad*

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Yes, but only if they are interacting, but that's not the problem.
The problem is, back then users can simply log-in then log-out to get the daily SB Points.
So the problem is that some people are watchers and not talkers? o_O we should give them a break :p some people are professional cheerleaders in the background, liking things without actively contributing to threads or topics in general. It's actually quite a humble way of acting and they shouldn't be punished by the more eccentric members for being the way they are. I think they deserve their chance at getting some SB :D

It's not about making it accessible or safer.
It's about preventing "hit-and-run" (download then leave) because it's a forum and not a simply download site. Sbenny wants a fair trade with modders and players.
I see...then how about i get mods for free? :p i'm here everyday, talk to all sorts of people, know lots of stuff about lots of users because i take the time to learn more about them, make them feel welcome in all threads i visit... Instead modders can keep charging the "hit and run" members that use the forum as a download center. it's perfect!
If it's not, maybe we are looking at things the wrong way. Maybe people should do what people wants to do :D a forum it's a lot like politics! We all have opinions and some of us voice them out loud...but most have no say in it other than liking someone. And they deserve nice things too :D

It could feel like a job if the game you play updates weekly. *Sad*
Which sadly in some cases it's true but then again..
hypothetically..
do you feel obligated to keep them updated? and the answers is that (beyond morals or ethics, if you consider it that way) you are not. Meanwhile, users would be obligated to do things that they were simply not born to do just to get your mod.
How is that fair? :D
They know the site, they may also recomend the site to their friends, hit-and-run or not they are part of the transit in the website...isn't that enough? :eek: sort of interesting when you look at it from that perspective!

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
I think I may have opened Pandora's box 🤔 maybe rather than debating ethics we could just all put heads together and find a good balance that works in practice ie solutions rather than problems 😊 let's debate ...but let's be productive

Status
Not open for further replies.