How to safely reintroduce SB log in & welcome bonus idea

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,866 happy users since 2014.
Register

Who would like to see this introduced

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
of course discussion is good and I am sure he will take into consideration the opinions of such active users like yourself #makesbennygreatagain #Sbennyforpresident #memberberries

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
of course discussion is good and I am sure he will take into consideration the opinions of such active users like yourself #makesbennygreatagain #Sbennyforpresident #memberberries
Pfffffft! there's way too many for him to pay attention and besides you and Mark are of a higher hierarchy than lil' me :ROFLMAO: but one can dream.....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Nothing farther from the truth. I just like to get to know people :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, the thing here is that everyone's important in one way or another. We should worry about everyone, even the ones we'll never know because they don't join us in the convos and threads. That's why i don't see a big deal with the daily logins, and yet i care a lot about protecting the individualities of the different users (meaning, the issues of alternative accounts and basically poachers).
I think we all want the same thing in the end, which is to care for this website and the people that make it what it is.

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Haha for the record, us staff do pay attention to these conversations, but sometimes we just have to dial it back and see where the conversation takes you guys. Sometimes watching your debates help spark new solutions. :)

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
Love that ☺😍 thanks @CordeliaCross 😉 . And you tend to make friends very easily @Another Coffee your chats have me laughing daily but yes back on topic I think there's a very difficult balance to make things fair and also fair to the people who put in lots of work in there spare time on content it would be amazing if you could block apps from working unless downloaded from @Sbenny ...that's way above my knowledge level ☺

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I can see where you both are coming from :).

The problem is that when we looked into activity and how people interact on the site we found that there are the people who work to reach out and be a part of the community, like those of you in this conversation. However, there were MANY that had multiple accounts and were just collecting the login bonuses and then buying boosters and mods. Alot of these people were also doing this to unlock VIP mods with SB Points and then post them on other sites effectively leeching. When people did this to get boosters, it drowned out the requests for the people who actually contributed to the site and worked hard to help make this more of a community and not just a hit and run download site. Taking away the login bonus wasn't a way to punish everyone, it was a way to take some time and regroup so we can find better solutions and reward the active members and not the people who were so actively abusing the system.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Love that ☺😍 thanks @CordeliaCross 😉 . And you tend to make friends very easily @Another Coffee your chats have me laughing daily but yes back on topic I think there's a very difficult balance to make things fair and also fair to the people who put in lots of work in there spare time on content it would be amazing if you could block apps from working unless downloaded from @Sbenny ...that's way above my knowledge level ☺
Thanks! Hopefully i can keep doing that! Same to you tho, i've seen you around!! You are one of the cool kids :ROFLMAO: (y)
I don't have that kind of knowledge either but it would solve SO many things! -_-

Alexx93

Ego died he came alive
Active User
Member for 5 years
Well said @CordeliaCross that's how I interpreted the change the abuse had to stop other wise it would be hugely unmanageable if left much longer ...I liken it to spring cleaning ☺ .... @Another Coffee I am thrilled to be a "cool kid" 😂 and honestly you help keep the general chat alive ...if that was possible it would be problem solved close thread 😂

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
I can see where you both are coming from :).

The problem is that when we looked into activity and how people interact on the site we found that there are the people who work to reach out and be a part of the community, like those of you in this conversation. However, there were MANY that had multiple accounts and were just collecting the login bonuses and then buying boosters and mods. Alot of these people were also doing this to unlock an infected site with SB Points and then post them on other sites effectively leeching. When people did this to get boosters, it drowned out the requests for the people who actually contributed to the site and worked hard to help make this more of a community and not just a hit and run download site. Taking away the login bonus wasn't a way to punish everyone, it was a way to take some time and regroup so we can find better solutions and reward the active members and not the people who were so actively abusing the system.
Mufasa for the win ♥w♥

How is that going, by the way? Hopefuly the worst part is over..

Well said @CordeliaCross that's how I interpreted the change the abuse had to stop other wise it would be hugely unmanageable if left much longer ...I liken it to spring cleaning ☺ .... @Another Coffee I am thrilled to be a "cool kid" 😂 and honestly you help keep the general chat alive ...if that was possible it would be problem solved close thread 😂
If it weren't for the mods, books, guides and so on there wouldn't even be a general chat so kudos to you and the contributors! ♥ ^_^

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Mufasa for the win ♥w♥

How is that going, by the way? Hopefuly the worse part is over..

If it weren't for the mods, books, guides and so on there wouldn't even be a general chat so kudos to you and the contributors! ♥ ^_^

It's still a work in progress, but I assure you both we are working hard to find a new solution that's a little harder to abuse. We will keep you updated :).

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
:) Don't worry @Alexx992 there is no hate between @Another Coffee and myself. :)

We want the same thing, sharing ideas and opinions is a must-have in a productive brainstorming.
As mentioned earlier, I did personally ask Another Coffee to join-in and help.
Yes, Google Translate gave me weird words.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
I'm not sure if this is possible, so I was hesitant to post this for a long time.
What if it's possible to track IP and reward account(s) based on it?

Example/scenario:
  • If "Account A" and "account B" happen to share the same IP.
  • If "account A" log-in today before "account B" then "account A" gets the daily reward and "account B" will not, even if it log-in.
  • If "account B" log-in today before "account A" then "account B" gets the daily reward and "account A" will not, even if it log-in.
This way an extra account will be considered as a setback and not an abusable advantage.

Now about the "Redeem Code(s)":
Aside from the Copy and paste code(s), why not require members to also input their (Sbenny account) username and email attached to that username, sounds reasonable since email is required to make a Sbenny account.

It's not very good because people can make multiple emails, but it adds a layer of protection from abuse. Once again, I would like to stress out that I personally don't know if these ideas are possible.

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
I'm not sure if this is possible, so I was hesitant to post this for a long time.

Example/scenario:
  • If "account A" log-in today before "account B" then "account A" gets the daily reward and "account B" will not, even if it log-in.
  • If "account B" log-in today before "account A" then "account B" gets the daily reward and "account A" will not, even if it log-in.
This way an extra account will be considered as a setback and not an abusable advantage.
Umm...i am not really that intelligent but the method that you were suggesting about ip tracking can be easily bypassed with vpn so sadly that wont work :)

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Umm...i am not really that intelligent but the method that you were suggesting about ip tracking can be easily bypassed with vpn so sadly that wont work :)
A person can log-in even with a VPN? I never used one so I didn't know, thank you for pointing that out.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years

Example/scenario:

Now about the "Redeem Code(s)":
Aside from the Copy and paste code(s), why not require members to also input their (Sbenny account) username and email attached to that username, sounds reasonable since email is required to make a Sbenny account.

It's not very good because people can make multiple emails, but it adds a layer of protection from abuse. Once again, I would like to stress out that I personally don't know if these ideas are possible.
I was about to say the same thing as Cupcake over there..HOWEVER, adding layers is not a bad thing at all..I'm pretty sure that most people that were misusing the rewards don't know the first thing about changing their IPs and making it untraceable....At least is SOMETHING...
However i have no idea how time consuming this would be or if it's even feasible :eek:

Mark A

Member for 6 years
I was about to say the same thing as Cupcake over there..HOWEVER, adding layers is not a bad thing at all..I'm pretty sure that most people that were misusing the rewards don't know the first thing about changing their IPs and making it untraceable....At least is SOMETHING...
However i have no idea how time consuming this would be or if it's even feasible :eek:
I too don't know how much effort that would require, one of the reasons why I was hesitant to post it.
By the way, I have to thank you.
So the problem is that some people are watchers and not talkers? o_O we should give them a break :p some people are professional cheerleaders in the background, liking things without actively contributing to threads or topics in general. It's actually quite a humble way of acting and they shouldn't be punished by the more eccentric members for being the way they are. I think they deserve their chance at getting some SB :D
This reminded me of the time I was new to the forum,
took me a long time to interact since I'm an introvert (my anxiety isn't the nicest).
Everybody got their own pace, I forgot my own experiences and was insensitive.
Thank you for reminding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.