How to update an app that's not downloaded from playstore?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,211 happy users since 2014.
Register

0 Thunderstorm 0

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Question is above. I am not sure but someone told me that we can update an app that has not been downloaded from google play directly on the store if our device is rooted. Is that correct? Also, if you know any other methods, feel free to discuss. (My English is not good. There can be errors. But I think you can understand what I mean. :cry:)

Last edited:

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
That's correct bro , if you have a rooted device you can do many wanders. There are other methods also . Overwriting Install or updates depends on Signatures. If a app you downloaded from outside but it has Original Signature then you can install updates from google play store . Just like you installed a apk from Apkpure. But if you don't have original signature then you need to install the updates with same signature or wait for the website to update and publish you previously downloaded from. Many Modders use Debug Signature (Test Sign) on there mods . So if they are doing late publishing their mods , you can resign (i.e LP , Apkeditor etc) the Original version (downloaded from GP , APKPure etc) and Install over your mod (the game will no longer be modded) and play until the modder release the update. Hope it helps 😊

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Hi there,

I am closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!