How to use the Search feature on the site.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,212 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Active User
Member for 6 years
Hey everyone,

I've recently noticed how there are quite a few mod requests of mods that have already been released or already have a request made by another member. The problem with this is it makes it harder for modders and site moderators to manage the number of requests and deal with requests properly and efficiently.

That is why I decided to make a simple guide for members on how to use the search feature of the site to search for ANY mod they want and to check whether or not there is already a mod request made by another member for the game/APP they are looking for. IF THERE IS ALREADY A MOD REQUEST FOR THE GAME/APP YOU WANT MADE BY ANOTHER MEMBER DO NOT POST ANOTHER REQUEST!! SIMPLY 'LIKE' OR COMMENT ON THE POST MADE BY THE OTHER MEMBER SO THAT MODDERS KNOW THAT THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE LOOKING FOR THE SAME MOD. Hopefully if members of this community can follow this simple yet VERY helpful process it can help not only the modders and site staff but also help EVERYONE including members looking for mods.

STEP 1:

Click Search.jpg

STEP 2:
Here you DO NOT HAVE TO enter the name of a member or modder, you can leave it blank to bring up every post made relating to what you are searching for!

Search Steps.jpg

SEARCH EXAMPLE:

Search Example.jpg

SEARCH EXAMPLE RESULTS:

Search Example result 1.jpg

ALTERNATIVE SEARCH, RESULT:

Mod request search result.jpg

The search feature is VERY helpful and useful so PLEASE start using it to look for what you want. If you can't find the mod you are looking for (These are not the droids you are looking for *hand swipe*) then:

FIRST CHECK IF THERE ALREADY IS A MOD REQUEST MADE BY ANOTHER MEMBER.
- IF there is NOT a mod request made by another member for the mod you are looking for then make a request.
- IF there already is a mod request made by another member but it is an OLD request either because it's for an older version of the game/app or because the request was made months or year(s) ago then make a new request for the game or app you want BUT FIRST CHECK THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THE OTHER REQUESTS to see whether another modder has seen the request and added it to their list or not.

Please remember there are A LOT of requests made by members and only a handful of professional modders (not me >.<) to make them all, it takes time to make them as well so be patient. If it has been a while since a request was made then comment on the request or send a PM to the modder who added it to their list (if someone has added it to their list). If no modder has commented on the request stating that they will mod it it may be because their list is already HUGE.

We are all members of this community so lets help the staff and modders who provide the content and assistance in order to help ourselves. (Yes I am an, amateur, modder but I also use the mods made by other great modders on this site.)

Thank you for your time in reading this guys and I hope you do follow this process in future. (If you already do do this then that's perfect!!)

Last edited:

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
@DarkPhantom
we thank you greatly for such a beautifully detailed post however we have two posts or even more already giving a guide but with all of the hard work you put into this nice post and do not want to see it wasted so I think we can move it to another section

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Thank you Su :)
#Sticked and moved into Game Requests section, where it seems such thread is more needed :p

Hopefully they'll start searching before posting, and don't forget if you make a double thread you can be warned as it's a rule infringement, so I invite everyone, once again, to use the almighty SEARCH.
Special thanks to DarkPhantom for the brilliant idea of making such detailed tutorial!

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Active User
Member for 6 years
@SusieQ is there already a post like this? I didn't realise haha, I'm guessing it's under Request rules or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.