How updating hacked apps works exactly

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,350 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClockworkMelody

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Alright so I want to preface this by saying that I'm pretty new to this and I'm ignorant to (what is probably) the most basic knowledge. So this might be a bit of a dumb question and I apologize if I missed this in an FAQ thread somewhere on here.

Anyway what I wanted to ask was, if I were to download an APK for say a 1.0 version of a phone app and then a while later the APK is updated to 1.1 am I able to just update the app like I would normally? Or would I have to uninstall the old version to download the new version?

A big thanks to anyone who answers!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Heya. My name is Cordelia and I help with the Community Team here. We were all new once so we know how mysterious it can be. When it is time to update an app you just download the new update from here and when you open it to install it asks if you would like to install it as an update.

Sky

XXX
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
@ClockworkMelody yeah can just download and install newer mods (apk's) as an update but I think that's just possible with an rooted device otherwise you need to uninstall old version (be sure to save progress with titanium backup or lucky patcher or if integrated with Facebook and/or Google play.

purplesnitch

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
@ClockworkMelody yeah can just download and install newer mods (apk's) as an update but I think that's just possible with an rooted device otherwise you need to uninstall old version (be sure to save progress with titanium backup or lucky patcher or if integrated with Facebook and/or Google play.
I've been doing it with a non-rooted device with no issues yet, so I don't think it's just for rooted devices :)

Heya. My name is Cordelia and I help with the Community Team here. We were all new once so we know how mysterious it can be. When it is time to update an app you just download the new update from here and when you open it to install it asks if you would like to install it as an update.
Hi, I was wondering... if you miss a few updates—like if you have v1.2 installed but the app or game is already on v1.6, for example—could you just install the latest version, or do you have to install the previous versions that you missed as well?

Sorry if that didn't make sense haha

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Your device doesn't have to be rooted. If you download the new version and begin to install it with the old version still on your device, your phone will recognize it as an update without root.

Sky

XXX
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Your device doesn't have to be rooted. If you download the new version and begin to install it with the old version still on your device, your phone will recognize it as an update without root.
Alright thanks for the clarification.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Hello :)

I am closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.