I can't update?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,222 happy users since 2014.
Register

Toxxicx

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm trying to update the What's Your Story app. I downloaded the newest apk and when I went to install it, it asked me if I wanted to install an update so I said yes. However when I open the app it still says it's out of date and won't let me proceed. I googled how to update an app from here and found one result that said all you needed to do was what I did, and then another result that said to use Helium to backup the app, uninstall, and reinstall. But then I can't get Helium to work. It won't work unless I switch to PTP which I can't do. I also googled how to do this and there is nowhere in my settings for this.

Madmaxx03

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Uninstalled the old app then installed the latest one. You should tried this I hope it will help you.

Toxxicx

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Uninstalled the old app then installed the latest one. You should tried this I hope it will help you.
Did you lose your progress? That's what I don't want to happen

Madmaxx03

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Did you lose your progress? That's what I don't want to happen
Copy the data of game also include the obb to another folder then uninstalled the old version app then installed the latest one you have. After you done don't yet run the app go back the folder where you put the obb and data then paste it to where you get it.

Toxxicx

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Copy the data of game also include the obb to another folder then uninstalled the old version app then installed the latest one you have. After you done don't yet run the app go back the folder where you put the obb and data then paste it to where you get it.
How do I copy it? I've never done this before with an app lol

Madmaxx03

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
How do I copy it? I've never done this before with an app lol
Forgive me if I reply to slow as to how you copy the file all you have to do is hold it and there was a pop-up and choose copy same as to paste.

Toxxicx

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Forgive me if I reply to slow as to how you copy the file all you have to do is hold it and there was a pop-up and choose copy same as to paste.
I don't seem to have that option. However I've also noticed there is yet another new version of the app out so that may be why it won't work for me

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Hello :)

I am closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!