📰 News! Important changes & news affecting Request Threads

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,015 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hi dear community,

we recently applied some changes affecting the following sections of the forum:

Game Requests
App Requests
eBook Requests
Audio Book Requests
Priority Game/App requests
iOS MOD Requests
PC Requests
Game Requests
Emulator Requests
Movie Requests
TV Show Requests
Music Requests

The change is simple and substantial at the same time. In the past all the threads were mostly sorted by start date (ascending), in order to show oldest requests first as we initially thought this was the most fair way to have requests filled in order, but we realized there are some requests which might have higher priority than others, and this depends on the popularity of the content requested or on the amount of users interested in the same request. This is why we introduced a change in the way threads are ordere in these sections: VIEWS ORDERING.

What does it mean? From now on, all request threads are ordered by views, so the most viewed a thread is, the higher its position is in the listings, in the hope first requests are not "static" but will depend on the popularity a particular content has in a given period. This also means everyone now has full control of requests, as users can increase views count for any threads, even those started by others.

But wait, there's more.

We introduced three new items in the SB Points Shop which will also play a fundamental role in the ordering process of the requests: Request Boosters.

These three fancy items will have the role of adjusting the current views count for currently published requests. The usage is quite simple, paste the link to the request thread and save! This will immediately add views to the selected thread, boosting its position in the request section of the forum.

Small Request Booster: +100 Views

Medium Request Booster: +1000 Views

Large Request Booster: +5000 Views

They can be purchased from the SB Points Shop (or by clicking here).

In the hope this change is appreciated, I wish you all a wonderful day and for any feedbacks or questions, please don't hesitate to reply below. Thank you for your attention 🙂

UPDATE

Part two of this update has been posted in this page: 📰 News! - Some new changes affecting Request Threads

Last edited:

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
What if someone...open a thread then keep on clicking "refresh" every 5-10 seconds or so...
Or set-up a script that resemble an auto-clicker...?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
What if someone...open a thread then keep on clicking "refresh" every 5-10 seconds or so...
Or set-up a script that resemble an auto-clicker...?
Views are IP based, so refreshing the page shouldn't increase views count.

Fatoongi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I really appreciate this change! I also think it's more fair so I'm really glad~~

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
So if anyone able to change their IP, than refreshing, its count as new view?
Yes, increasing also the chances for the account to get banned. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Yildiz05

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Being banned for that, is not worth it!