📰 News! Important news about Game/App Releases and Game/App Requests

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,796 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hi all dear community,

I recently introduced some important changes affecting the following sections of our community:

Game Releases
Game Requests
App Releases
App Requests

so I wanted to share with you what these changes are about. I'm aware many of you guys/gals will not be happy about this change in particular, but if you do really care about our community, with a great sense of help and partecipation, you'll not feel the effects of this changes at all.

Here's the list of changes:

Game Releases & App Releases

Charging users for unlocking download links.

From now on, each time you'll reply to a thread in order to unlock its download link, you'll lose 1 SB Points. Please note the sum is minimal and it's introduced as a way to make you all understand how much hard work we put in each of our releases we decide to share for free with everyone. You can easily earn back your lost SB Points by leaving a feedback, it's as simple as it! You'll just have to submit a vote in the poll you find in almost every game/app we released in order to gain again your lost SB Points. Please note this doesn't affect the VIP area, which means VIP members will not be charged for unlocking download links in the VIP area (but will still be charged for unlocking links in Game Releases / App Releases section.

Rewarding mod authors for their releases. (introduced on 12th April 2018)

Releasers will gain some additional SB Points each time a user will reply to their releases. The amount vaires and no notifications will be sent (to prevent overloads).

Game Requests & App Requests

Charging users for making a request

When submitting a request, you'll be charged 100 SB Points. Posting a mod request has recently gone out of control, we get dozen of requests every day from people who only joined to submit requests, probably without even reading our rules and guidelines. This resulted in a huge chaos for all the staff members of sbenny.com who had to deal with hundreds of spammy users in the last month, who didn't introduce theirselves, didn't set an avatar and didn't follow our rules at all, so we had to take drastic counter measures to prevent this to happen again in the future, this is why I decided to introduce this taxation. Also, please notice we already work very hard day and night for you all, and we're being unable to face all the requests we get every day, so I hope you'll understand my move. I would like to underline that this doesn't affect the VIP section called "Priority Game/App Requests", where VIP members will not be charged for posting a request, but will still have their request rejected if they will not comply with our rules.

More strict checks (introduced on 13th April 2018)

In order to prevent rule-breakers, I introduced a new script which checks if the user is meeting the requirements to make a request or not. If negative, an error message will be displayed!

For reference, here's our guide about how to farm SB Points at sbenny.com: How to farm SB Points at sbenny.com

For any questions, feedbacks and why not, even complaints, feel free to reply below, the cage is open! Hopefully our community will understand we aim at making this a better place for everyone and, to do this, we have to take drastic changes from time to time. Thank you once again for being part of this wonderful community.

Sincerely,

Sbenny

Last edited:

Marbin

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
It sucks that active(read: upstanding) members get penalized for jackass's, but I absolutely love this move! It doesn't effect me as I've downloaded 2 things and only made one request in nearly a year.

Good for you @Sbenny control needed to be taken, and I've had this thought for a while now concerning the request page.

Thumbs up pal!

UniCore

G̷̮̼̉͗͗͘͠l̵̰͂́i̷͍͇͕͖͒̉̽̚͝t̸̖̄̂̍̋ć̷̛̼̺̀̾̉͜h̶͔͊̃͊͋͘
Special Guest
Member for 6 years
Love this idea, it should help calm things down and return order to the community. One quick question though.. Does this make all prior requests null and void or starting from now only mate?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
All prior requests do not count, only future requests/posts to unlock games will count. I would also like to specify that:

• The author of the mod will not have to pay any SB Points in order to reply to his own thread, because it would have no sense at all as he/she usually replies in order to assist users.
• This does affect only the first reply you submit to a thread to unlock a game/app. Additional replies you make in the same thread will not deduct any money from you.

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm glad you implemented it @Sbenny !
now I hope that ppl understand (read) that sbenny bucks are given/received by their activities here in community and they are getting them every time they are active in forum. (Not that they are paying from their own pocket lol) you know what I mean I'm sure. This will also help reduce the amount of spam and unnecessary requests such as duplicates or already made mods in post that they've just not searched for with the search bar, thusly reducing the amount of work it takes to delete move close lock explain blah blah blah blah blah you know what I mean. Anyway I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm glad that you've implemented it (so there's my two cents can I get change? Lol)

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 7 years
Sound idea and more than fair as YOU provide everyone who visits the site $25 SBenny bucks daily.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 7 years
I've learned in my years on this planet that all across our globe, good people pay for the sins and transgressions of bad people, even when you have no contact with the bad people. In this case, however, our benevolent, caring, concerned about the community site owner, @Sbenny GIFTS all of us 25 SBENNY BUCKS for simply appearing on this wonderful site each day. That amounts to 750 SBenny Bucks monthly we receive as gifts from our benefactor and patron, @Sbenny . This is a great way for each of us to keep in mind what the moderators, administrators, and GAME IMPROVERS do for us, besides the overhead paid just to keep the doors open.Frankly its a greta thing to think about our actions.

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
That's a really good idea to avoid the chaos that happens in the request section.
And really it doesn't affect any active member as there is more than one way to earn SB Points.
I say go with anything that makes your lives easier.

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 7 years
No problem Boss, I saw it right away. Frankly, some folks would yell and howl if you charged a $1.00,

1523473946488.jpg

or 1 of any of the money symbols above.

The kindness you exhibit by GIVING all of us 25 SBenny bucks shouldn't be overlooked.
1523473946488.jpg

JohnR

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
i think this is a great idea too, recently there has been a lot of new posters simply demanding a request with out checking, leaving any introduction but think that simply asking for a new app or game it will maginc out of thin air the next day, before asking where it is again.
You guys do a lot i appreciate it and i thank you all!
Kind Regards, JR

Marbin

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
i think this is a great idea too, recently there has been a lot of new posters simply demanding a request with out checking, leaving any introduction but think that simply asking for a new app or game it will maginc out of thin air the next day, before asking where it is again.
[BGCOLOR=transparent][/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=transparent]Or worse, jump in chat wondering why is isn't done yet!![/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=transparent]Lots of great responses to this tread! Much love when your part of a team...[/BGCOLOR]