Install both MOD game & Regular Game on same device?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,343 happy users since 2014.
Register

LoveAlwaysAZ

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Does anyone know how to, or even IF, it is possible to install a modded version of a game on my Android phone - as well as the official apk game?

There's a popular mobile game I've played that has two different base choices for the game, which makes one type different from the other.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to play two different copies of the same game on the same device without data loss, errors, etc

I tried using Google to deduce this information - but everything I see contradicts each other. At least from what I've seen about Android. I guess on iOs doing this is much easier.

I appreciate your time! Much love 💖

AnonVendetta

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Yes, it's possible, but not guaranteed to work. I can think of a few options:

1. Clone the app with App Cloner or Parallel Space, then you can have original and modded at same time.

2. Get APK Editor Pro v1.9.10 patched version. Open the APK, change package name and display name. Then save changes and rebuild app. If the app you are installing only has an APK, then just install the original and modded APK. If it also has a game cache (obb) or data cache, the folder those files go in may also have to be renamed to reflect the new package name. I have never actually tried the latter with APK+obb, but I think it should work.

The reason you can't otherwise have original and modded at same time, is because both have same package name, Android will only allow one app to use a particular package name at any given time. So to have both, you must change it.

Another option I just thought of: create a 2nd account on your device (not Google account, but local device-based account). Install the original in one account, and the modded in another. Switch account depending on which one you want to play. This is probably the easiest option.

Last edited:

LoveAlwaysAZ

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Your tips were very helpful, and I appreciate you! :)

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month