Is it bad if i max my fan speed ? all the time ?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,817 happy users since 2014.
Register

kaskuserbws

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
So i just got my first laptop Predator helios 300. And i dont want it to break soon brcause of overheating
sooo.. is it bad if i max the fan speed all the time even when im just browsing ?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
If noise is not a problem for you, I don't see why having a fan at max would cause any issues. Only thing I could think of would be the fact it might get damaged earlier, and maybe more dust in your pc.

Altough there are way better solutions if you're afraid of overheat, such as better cable management, more efficient fan system and not exagerating with overclock.

Hope it helps.

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
fans build to reduce overheating on laptop & pc and so they got resistance on heating . the only thing u must watch is the battery of ur laptop it might damage due to no resting overtime.

SynodSystems

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 8 years
maxing ur fans is good and bad it all depends on the factors your havving issues with, mxing the fans can be good not to overheat ur device, but also its bad cuz it can build alot of dust on the fans and sometimes ur fans can burn out if too much keeping it at max, but theres alot of ways of reducing overheat

swtis

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
in marble is the best to avoid temperature. 👍
but on surfaces such as wood, bedding increase the temperature.👎

hansen24

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
its better to relace fans the damaged mobo.

Supersport396

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 4 years
It's not bad for them, they are intended to spin that fast, although they may have shorter lifespans. After after, a fan at max is going to spin more, and each fan can only spin so many times before the bearings finally die. However, I have seen fans on "low" die very early, and have been fans at "max" spin for years and years and years. So long as heat is not an issue, I would run them as low as possible just to reduce noise and dust. Use compressed air to blow out dust etc from fan vents to reduce over heating.

Bombastik

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Your notebook will overheat and be noisy. If that's fine, there shouldn't be a problem, wouldn't recommend it in the longtime just for the sake of it tbh.