Is it childish to be afraid of horror games?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,309 happy users since 2014.
Register

Is it?

• Total voters

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Well, the question is related to me, like, I can easily take on the zombie horde kind of horror anytime.
But, when I tried to play a certain game called 'granny', the spider at the topmost floor scared the living daylights out of me, 'granny chapter two' was even more horrific with some sort of spider like thing with a face and four legs (I also am scared of the frostbite spiders in Skyrim).
Then, I built up some courage and tried to play 'Slenderman:RE', I was freaked out and closed the game even without passing the first door (the way your torch shows the materials and stuff in the house is scary).
So, what I basically ask, is it childish for an 18 year-old-in-ten-days guy like me, or is it just fine?

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
I'd say no, what's the point of a horror game if the "right" way to play is not being scared? :p

And to be fair, being childish isn't even "bad" in the first place, it's ridiculous and sometimes annoying but you can't blame someone for being optimistic and enjoying life OwO

jihyonh

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well...you pay the horror game developers to expect just that. Horror.
Maybe it's embarrassing to admit that to someone else that it spooked but...
I'd say that it's just a meaning they did their job well and you got your money's worth.

PowerTrix3

the most awesome person you will meet
Member for 2 years
hey horror games like five nights at freddys scare me like all the time but I still play it sometimes