✅ Solved Is it safe to uninstall old versions?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,304 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarius004

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello,
I have been playing the same game and when I download the updates I click the "install as update" button. However, now I have a lot of the same file. Is it okay to uninstall the older versions or do I have to keep all files to keep my progress safe?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Please give details about that game and os. And I should say if you are not an advance user you shouldn't uninstall the old one.

Aquarius004

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
The game is The Arcana by Nix Hydra. I'm not sure about the os, but I downloaded the first mod as the application and every mod after as an update to the first.
Post automatically merged:

I do use the app quite often. And continuous progress is always being made. There is no initial "save" option for the game so there's no way to manually ensure that what you do is able to be redone.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I think you shouldn't delete the previous version then.

UniCore

G̷̮̼̉͗͗͘͠l̵̰͂́i̷͍͇͕͖͒̉̽̚͝t̸̖̄̂̍̋ć̷̛̼̺̀̾̉͜h̶͔͊̃͊͋͘
Special Guest
Member for 6 years
What exactly do you mean by files, are you referring to the old APKs?

Aquarius004

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes, I mean the old APK downloads. Every time I go to update the previous version with the new one it downloads the entire app first. When you go to install the APK it will ask that since you already have this app would you like to install as an update to the last. (Which I do) But because it downloads the entire app over again to get the update, do I have to keep the outdated versions?

UniCore

Special Guest
Member for 6 years
No. Once you've installed the updated APK, you can delete the APK files from your download folder.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Now
Yes, I mean the old APK downloads. Every time I go to update the previous version with the new one it downloads the entire app first. When you go to install the APK it will ask that since you already have this app would you like to install as an update to the last. (Which I do) But because it downloads the entire app over again to get the update, do I have to keep the outdated versions?
I understand .... 😂

saxkik

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I don't want to go off topic, but did you install it in Windows 10 and if so, how did you get it to run? (I'm having issues...)

UniCore

Special Guest
Member for 6 years
Saxkik,

If you referring to APKs, the best solution to run them is installing an emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox.

Hopefully this answered your question. If not feel free to create a new question.

For now I'll mark the original question in this post as answered.

#Answered
#Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.