💬 Review Isn't It Romantic

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,136 happy users since 2014.
Register

Laurell

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Isn't It Romantic

A woman who is totally anti-love is suddenly thrown into a parallel universe. This universe is her life, but it's a romantic comedy.

Review:
First of all, I just want to appreciate how amazing Rebel Wilson is. Her acting is great and you can feel her radiate confidence in whatever she does. Her character, Natalie, who's initially a super realistic architect is totally against the notion that true love exists for women like her. It's kinda ironic how she goes on and on about how dumb romantic comedies are and how she dislikes the so much when all this does is just show that she's seen A LOT of them. Natalie doesn't really put much thought into her everyday look because she really thinks that all there is for a woman like her is her own self. I find the premise of the movie to be quite cliché because I've read a lot of stories with almost the same thing going on but what this movie has that the stories I've read don't, is good actors/actresses to effectively bring their character to life. The cast plays huge role in he success of the movie (in my humble opinion that is). There were lots of smiles, laughs, memorable moments and tear-jerking scenes that stayed with me even after the movie. It just goes to show how much of an impression it made on me. Overall, I'd say this deserves a solid 8/10 because although I thoroughly enjoyed it, I still found myself being a little cringed out at some scenes and they were a big turn off. So for that, I can't give a 10/10 but it's still a really good movie though especially if you like some cliché feels. Watching with friends might also make it even more fun because (1) friends are awesome (2) you can laugh at things together. If you don't have that many friends or they probably don't like that genre, then watching alone is perfectly fine. Just don't watch it in public with your earphones on because you're going to have some outbursts of laughter and people will think you're a weirdo. Anyway, the conclusion is that this is an amazing movie and I highly recommend it to all my fellow movie fans out there.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would highly recommend it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
Nice review! I actually came into this movie expecting it to be super cliched, and was surprised at their attempt at trying to subvert the genre, but still somehow making fun of it? If that makes sense. I liked Rebel Wilson and Adam Devine in the "Pitch Perfect" movies and glad to see that their great chemistry together extends to this movie as well!

Laurell

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Nice review! I actually came into this movie expecting it to be super cliched, and was surprised at their attempt at trying to subvert the genre, but still somehow making fun of it? If that makes sense. I liked Rebel Wilson and Adam Devine in the "Pitch Perfect" movies and glad to see that their great chemistry together extends to this movie as well!
I know right? Personally, I thought the trailer didn't quite capture the essence of the movie completely but it was still enough for me to press the button and watch on Netflix lol. Oh and I love how Adam and Rebel worked together again in this movie because I was so hoping for a thing to happen between them in Pitch Perfect (but then Buster got that backup singer deal) but I'm glad they had something here even if it's a totally different situation.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
I know right? Personally, I thought the trailer didn't quite capture the essence of the movie completely but it was still enough for me to press the button and watch on Netflix lol. Oh and I love how Adam and Rebel worked together again in this movie because I was so hoping for a thing to happen between them in Pitch Perfect (but then Buster got that backup singer deal) but I'm glad they had something here even if it's a totally different situation.
YES! When I saw the trailer, it didn't interest me enough to actually pay to see it in the theaters, hahaha. But, like you, it was enough for a Netflix watch. What did you think of Liam in this movie? I know that people call him like the "lesser Hemsworth," but I was enjoying his ridiculousness in this.

Laurell

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
YES! When I saw the trailer, it didn't interest me enough to actually pay to see it in the theaters, hahaha. But, like you, it was enough for a Netflix watch. What did you think of Liam in this movie? I know that people call him like the "lesser Hemsworth," but I was enjoying his ridiculousness in this.
I don't agree with "lesser Hemsworth" because they both have their own quirks but I think he was great in this movie. Those moments where he would do random stuff while on call with his dad got me feeling some serious butterflies and laughs. I felt the goofiness and it was amazing lolll