💬 Review Jejak Langkah (Footsteps)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,438 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hadran

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Jejak Langkah (Footsteps)

A historical story with a main character named Minke. It take a place in the beginning of 20th century. Sequel of "Bumi Manusia (This earth of mankind)."

Review:
I learn about Indonesia history better by reading this book. Pramoedya can make you feel like you live in the timeline this story take place while reading it. Of course, you should read "Bumi Manusia (This Earth of Mankind)" and "Anak Semua Bangsa (Child of All Nations)" first. It's a thick book, so if you're not a book lovers, I don't recommend you to read it. Also, since this is an old book, it's probably a bit hard to read at first, but you will get used to it the more you read.

In this story, Minke finally arrived in Betawi, and study at STOVIA. He meet a Tionghoa girl named Ang San Mei. He keep being told to make an organization to help his nation to make a progress. Van Heutz become a governor general of Dutch East Indies. Robert Suurhof will appear again in this story.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend you to read it, especially if you like historical story. The book itself already had many award. So try it!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐