💬 Review jonah hex (2010)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,847 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: jonah hex (2010)

based on a comic of the same title. the government's only hope is in the hands of a scarred bounty hunter known as jonah hex.

Review:
jonah hex is about a former confederate soldier who wants to get revenge on general turnbull after the general burned his wife and son alive. turnbull did this because jonah shot and killed his son, jeb. after turnbull forces jonah to watch his family die, he brands him with his initials (q.t.; quentin turnbull). with the help of some native americans and their rituals, jonah is brought back from the brink of death, and now has the power to speak to the dead as long as he's in physical contact with them.

the movie is based on a DC comic by the same title. it's pretty fun to watch, though pretty predictable. the action sequences are fun, and the super weapon that turnbull wants to use to destroy the union kinda looks like dragon balls from dragon ball z, only without the stars.

i felt that megan fox (lilah) was smoothed out way too much compared to her male co-stars. she looked too perfect, nearing some uncanny valley type aesthetic. i don't know why filmmakers can't let the pretty women have pores...

at one point jonah speaks to smith, his arms dealer and tokan black character. of course, this is also the point in the movie, they have to crowbar in that although jonah fought on the confederate side during the civil war, it wasn't because he agreed with slavery, but because he didn't like being told what to do by the government. a rebel without a cause, i guess.

the effects were decent enough, but some of it was kinda cheesy and as someone who lives in the southern us, the accents were hit or miss a lot of the time.

still, i had fun watching the movie.

Would you recommend this to other users? it's a fun watch, but about the same level of corniness as will smith's wild wild west.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐