just finished life is strange 2, who wants to chat about it?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,340 happy users since 2014.
Register

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Wow, i agree. im studying game design for that sole purpose, i want to create a game that will reach people the same way LiS reached me! a game made out of passion and work is far more rewarding than making it out of money
Post automatically merged:

it's true, the game is very good at making us regret choices.
Absolutely. Over the years I have switched from shooters and other generic games to story-oriented games because of thier essence and the deep, hidden meanings they hold within themselves.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Placing limitations on creative freedom and then killing it in the name of profit has been the dark side of this industry for a while now
There are still some companies out there pouring their souls in their work, which atleast give me hope to a certain extent

Smolvampyrate

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Absolutely. Over the years I have switched from shooters and other generic games to story-oriented games because of thier essence and the deep, hidden meanings they hold within themselves.
Same, it really focuses on the experience rather than the competition and i love that

There are still some companies out there pouring their souls in their work, which atleast give me hope to a certain extent
very true! indie game companies deserve more love

Acewasneverhere

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
It is true, right now the market is all geared for competition and skins in games, the story telling aspect, which btw is the main reason why I love games in general, is getting ignored in many ways. If you were to take the story of some popular shooters, you can actually fill it in one page and that's it, but other gems have content that would fill up more books than you can even imagine. Wish the industry and demand finally comes back to storytelling once more.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
It is true, right now the market is all geared for competition and skins in games, the story telling aspect, which btw is the main reason why I love games in general, is getting ignored in many ways. If you were to take the story of some popular shooters, you can actually fill it in one page and that's it, but other gems have content that would fill up more books than you can even imagine. Wish the industry and demand finally comes back to storytelling once more.
Very true. A proof to back up your statement is the fact that there are almost no games in the market similar to LIS. Which makes me a bit sad really

Smolvampyrate

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
The ending tho
that ending mannnnn i remember being a bit disappointed but overall the game was good

which is why i like games that are lowkey, Night in the woods is a prime example of this as well as Disco elysium

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
that ending mannnnn i remember being a bit disappointed but overall the game was good
Yeah I was pretty disappointed too. The ending was "explained" by the fans that "not every wish gets fulfilled in your life". If one kinda focuses on the "explanation" it makes sense but also doesnt make sense at the same time considering how many different path could have been taken for the ending even if the devs were going for the "sad(disappointing?) ending"

Smolvampyrate

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yeah I was pretty disappointed too. The ending was "explained" by the fans that "not every wish gets fulfilled in your life". If one kinda focuses on the "explanation" it makes sense but also doesnt make sense at the same time considering how many different path could have been taken for the ending even if the devs were going for the "sad(disappointing?) ending"
yea, it felt like it was building up to something and then they just, didn't. it was a rather quaint rather than explosive like it had the opportunity to be

Smolvampyrate

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
When was the time you realized that writing novels(stories?) was the path you liked the most?
That's a good question. To be honest, I've always enjoyed writing, since I was little, i wrote a lot, anywhere i could. then i thought i wanted to make movies, direct and all that, so i studied media. But during that course i realized that I enjoyed the process of games, and the stories involved in them. So after i graduated from that course, i went to study video game design focused on story development.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
That's a good question. To be honest, I've always enjoyed writing, since I was little, i wrote a lot, anywhere i could. then i thought i wanted to make movies, direct and all that, so i studied media. But during that course i realized that I enjoyed the process of games, and the stories involved in them. So after i graduated from that course, i went to study video game design focused on story development.
I hope you achieve greatness in the path you have chosen