💬 Review Kenshi

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,909 happy users since 2014.
Register

Jace Redfield

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Kenshi

A free-roaming squad based RPG focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a warlord, an adventurer, a farmer, a slave, or just food for the cannibals.

Review:
Kenshi is a weird ♥♥♥ game with a pseudo-post-apocalyptic setting. It's kind of like The Sims, but with combat mechanics and an emphasis on surviving in a brutal, unforgiving world. The game is fairly unique in the manner you play it and it's very, very open-ended, so new players will usually feel very lost and confused; but once you get the basics down, navigating the obstacles of Kenshi becomes a bit more intuitive.
You can control a huge group of characters, or you can stick with a small group, or you can stick with a single person if you like. You can live in a town, build a shack somewhere in the wilds, or build an entirely new settlement and run your own little colony. You can be a trader, a mercenary, a criminal, etc. etc. There is no real end goal set for you, and there is no larger story for you to follow. You make your own path and set your own goals. It can be a bit buggy though, especially with base building.

It's definitely not for everyone, and even though it wasn't truly my cup of tea, I did enjoy my time with it quite a bit. There's nothing quite like Kenshi out there, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐