Kinda desperate

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,057 happy users since 2014.
Register

Is there still hope in recovering my facebook account? :^(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello! So today I've spent like almost 6 hours trying to find a way to recover my facebook account. Long story short, I've forgotten my password and the email that I've used in that acc. I've gone through the process where you get three codes from your trusted contacts and I was hopeful. It has now been approximately 5 hours since I've successfully completed that, they said that they were going to send an email to me so I can continue the process of recovering my account, but still nothing. This is my personal account and sadly this is what I mostly use to get in contact with friends and family, it's also connected to all the games I've been playing before. If anyone has experienced this and has successfully recovered their account or anyone that can help me in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_20200528_224752.jpg

Chione Jem

not caffeinated enough
Member for 4 years
Is that the only option to recover your account? They usually give another one.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Once I did use my ID card to recover my account . Maybe you can try that. Anyway make your friends visited that link given and completed required stuffs.

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Update: I've managed to change the password by using my phone as a login credential, you would think that would fix the problem but now I can't get past this page; it keeps sending me "My Facebook Security Code" on the new email I've provided them, but I don't know where to insert it since they don't redirect me to a page where i should.

In the email it says,
"Hi shunupri,

Your security code is:

To help us confirm your identity on Facebook, we need to verify your email address. Paste this code into your browser. It can only be used once."

I just wanna get back to messaging my friends. 😔 If anyone is kind enough to help me or give me tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Screenshot_2020-05-29-00-01-41-78.png

IMG_20200529_100633.jpg

At this point when I press "Okay", nothing happens. And when I press it enough times, facebook detects that I'm "spamming" and temporarily stops me with a warning message
IMG_20200529_100338.jpg

Chione Jem

not caffeinated enough
Member for 4 years
Update: I've managed to change the password by using my phone as a login credential, you would think that would fix the problem but now I can't get past this page; it keeps sending me "My Facebook Security Code" on the new email I've provided them, but I don't know where to insert it since they don't redirect me to a page where i should.

In the email it says,
"Hi shunupri,

Your security code is:

To help us confirm your identity on Facebook, we need to verify your email address. Paste this code into your browser. It can only be used once."

I just wanna get back to messaging my friends. 😔 If anyone is kind enough to help me or give me tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 57848
View attachment 57849
At this point when I press "Okay", nothing happens. And when I press it enough times, facebook detects that I'm "spamming" and temporarily stops me with a warning message
View attachment 57850
I suggest doing all that process in your browser and not with the Facebook app. 😊

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I suggest doing all that process in your browser and not with the Facebook app. 😊
I've also tried it on Chrome browser and Opera browser, same outcome :^(

thank u for ur suggestion tho!

Last edited:

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
have you tried checking the "Desktop site"?
I actually haven't, I'll give it a go in a few mins since it's blocked me from "spamming" again! I'm thinking it might work tho, I hope so, fingers crossed.

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Update (again): it's now been approximately 9 hours since the last time I've re-tried to recover my account. I used desktop mode (what @Chione Jem suggested) and even used my laptop to scavenge it, now it just directly sends me to:

You Can't Use This Feature Right Now
We limit how often you can post, comment or do other things in a given amount of time in order to help protect the community from spam. You can try again later. Learn More

Is there really no hope for my facebook account now? :^(

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Happy birthday to me
Member for 4 years
Can you recover it with your phone number, it sends sms with login info if you activated it on your account security settings

So just use phone number as name and code they sent you as password.

shunupri

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Can you recover it with your phone number, it sends sms with login info if you activated it on your account security settings
Thank you for replying, I've successfully changed my password using my phone number yes, now they're asking me to input a security code that they sent to my email (to "confirm my identity" i guess), and I can't even put it anywhere 'cause it doesn't redirect to a different page. When I press Okay, it only reloads, until they temporarily block me 'cause I was "spamming". I appreciate you taking the time to reply tho.

IMG_20200529_100633.jpg
IMG_20200529_100338.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-29-19-43-13-36.png

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Happy birthday to me
Member for 4 years
Well just wait few hours and retry as they temporary blocked you for harassment 🕵️‍♂️

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Hi there,

I am closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!