💬 Review Kynseed

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,842 happy users since 2014.
Register

sheatherper9

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Kynseed

Kynseed is a game still in Early Access on Steam, and appears to take place in a post-apocalyptic realm... Which is also in somewhat medieval times. There are fae creatures, as well as many interesting and complex characters populating it, all of which I will touch upon in this review.

Review:
The game Kynseed is an ambitious, Early Access product created by some people who once worked at Lionhead. What makes it ambitious is mainly the fact that it promises a generational gameplay, where, in the future, the player character will die, and the player will be able to continue as their character's child. Over, and over, and over again - and according to an in-game agreement during the game's current prologue, this arrangement is supposed to last for at least 1,000 in-game years. You would think that is long enough as is, but then take into account that this agreement also says that the player character MUST die upon their 60th birthday, and it's downright almost ludicrous to imagine that the devs would be able to make a game last that long. Also note that I said 'at least', there - it could be possible for the player to make the game go on for 2,000 or 5,000 years if they wish, if we go off of what the developers are saying.

That said, I sincerely do hope that they will succeed in this. The story so far is astoundingly excellent at tugging at your heartstrings, and the characters - admittedly simple at this point in the development stage - are genuinely captivating. The music is beautifully written, and the graphics are quite pleasing (albeit somewhat blinding in Winter, but if you're used to farming games that run on seasons like this you'll be as used to it as I am). Also, there is supposedly more of an actual story to come, so perhaps that full 1,000 year agreement will never come to pass for some reason or another.

Of course, the child-rearing (and subsequent generations) aspects of the game have yet to be implemented. However what has been implemented is the marriage and dating - which, as someone who's been following this game from the beginning, I can say took them a long time. As such I'll also tell you that the children and generations won't be coming into play any time soon, as they seem to be focused more on other parts of the game. However, even without that, there's always something to do - taking care of tasks for the characters, fishing, buying more pigs, leveling up your skills and tools, trying to find love with one of the townspeople...

On that note, I will leave you with one last refreshing detail. Unlike many other farming and life-sim games in this genre, this game does not limit you to neutrality - like - love in regards to people's relations with the player. You are able to make people dislike, or even hate you. So if someone particularly makes you itch with disgust, no worries! Just throw their most hated items at them and watch them begin to despise you right back.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you can stand waiting for development updates for months until the main features get implemented, I highly recommend it. However if you prefer to play something finished, wait for a while. And if life-sim games in general are not your thing, I would recommend you turn away right now and never look back. In my opinion, it's worth the wait, so long as you can stand the waiting (and a few bugs).

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐