❓ Help Request Laptop Won't Recharging

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,799 happy users since 2014.
Register

RygentNation

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello there,
My laptop won't recharging its battery. It ws only around a couple of fay that I didn't use it and left it to sleep. When I was bout to use it, it was *dead* so I went to recharge it but it won't. Now I tried it again after I left it for a couple of day (hoping miracle to happen😂) and now theres blinking light on the batteries charging indicator. Why is that? It won't reboot properly and stuck at windows when I open it.
And previously, before it died indefinitely, when I recharged the laptop, the mouse tend to not moving properly (?). Its like when ya put lots of finger on it even I'm not (unless Ghost-san decide to tag along (¯―¯٥) )

My laptop are the old model, non-build in batteries, 4-cell Li-ion battery, Acer Aspire E1-522, Windows 8.1

Last edited:

secretbunker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 6 years
In most cases buy a replacement battery, install it, your device is healed.

JohnR

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Is there any way you can record and upload to youtube a few times trying different things, turning on, off battery off out, charging lead should still work even if battery not working, i think it sounds like something other than the battery, try taking out and replacing the memory modules from the inside. maybe one has been dislodged. maybe there has been some spillage of liquid inside too affecting it.
Post automatically merged:

SynodSystems

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 8 years
Hello, try and boot in recovery mode, on some laptops it usually the F5, F8 if none of this buttons use google to search the recovery mode buttons for your model, from what u said, it might have to do with memory, it could be full or close to full, if you still have the windows CD, try inserting it and do a fresh instal of windows, or try and upgrade to a newer version of windows, also with the CD of windows u can boot with it and fix any issues you might have.

Supersport396

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 4 years
Above mentioned could cause problems. Also, Remove the battery and unplug power. Hold the power button in for 45 seconds. Replace the battery and plug in power adapter. Try turning on laptop and see if it is working. Could also be outdated drivers.

bigzach1234

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
heres the main issue, the 18650s that most likely are making up your battery are shot in one of two ways i can assume. They are way past the recharge cycle allocated.. and all it takes is 1 battery not holding the required charge of 2.7 i believe to not charge anymore... or more likely it is an overcharge/overheat of those 18650s that make up your battery pack. They have a fail safe wear they puff up/explode with air just enough to prevent the battery connector from touching the positive... youtube how to fix 18650 batteries that wont hold charge and youll understand. Then realize almost all computer batteries as well as power tools, portable chargers for phones, tesla cars, etc all run off multiple 18650 together in a battery pack.. i doubt your gonna open up your battery pack to change them out .. but if u wanna learn u can....

bravosmit

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
You should change your charger if it is not working correctly because many people is facing like this issues

vala

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
most of new laptop have build in Energy Manager.if you have a laptop that hasn't ithat,just try using EM .your laptop battery will double the battery life.