💬 Review Life is Strange 2

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,115 happy users since 2014.
Register

Rampaige7

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Life is Strange 2

The long awaited sequel to Life is Strange that continues with the same episodic adventure layout. The game plays out through third person view between two brothers.

Review:
Although I would miss following Max and Chloe's story in the original first game and had doubts into welcoming a new set of characters, I must admit LIS2 is undoubtedly an amazing sequel. The long awaited successor follows brothers Sean and Daniel, as they travel down a forced long and unbearable, yet eye-opening roadtrip, of how to survive on their own. After dealing with a confusing new superpower encompassing Daniel and the tragic death of their father, the blame that lands on their heads results in their only solution during that painful moment, which is to RUN.

Between scavenging for food, encountering racist individuals, evading the law as wanted criminals, and dealing with Daniel's telekinesis, Sean must make tough decisions on how their story plays out. In so many words, the decisions that are made can alter the story in big or little ways. Which ultimately, more or less, shapes both Sean and Daniel's personality and moral compass. Unfortunately, for Sean, his role as big brother takes on more responsibility as he must be a instructor and role model to lead Daniel on the right path. Sadly, even if the best decisions are made, things tend to go wrong no matter what.

LIS2 explores plenty of heartbreak, loss, racial profiling, religion and sexuality. But, it also explores the realities of life in a contemplative way and gives you chances to have quiet moments to reflect on what's happening around you and to you. These small breaks from the drama of the story, allows us to see Sean and Daniel have a little bit more freedom to just be kids and grow up through their experiences to the best of their abilities.

All in all, I love how their brotherly bond is the focus of the story and through all five episodes, we come to care deeply for them. Although their ultimate goal to make it across the border may or may not come to fruition, least we know they stayed the course together till the end.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would definitely recommend this game to others, whether they played the first game or not. It's a riveting story that pulls at your heartstrings but a story we all can relate to on some level.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐