💬 Review Life is strange

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,384 happy users since 2014.
Register

MahmoudAhmed20

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Life is strange

It is a very great game for people who wants a good story or graphic

Review:
I like Life Is Strange, but it's not that simple. It's an uneven production that lacks consistency across plot, tone and design. It's an episodic adventure game in the Telltale style—the emphasis being on choice and consequence, not puzzles and inventory management. Dontnod's production isn't as polished or well-paced as The Walking Dead, and yet I think I prefer it. There's a lot that Life Is Strange does wrong, but it can be powerfully affecting at its best.
You play Max Caulfield, a photography student who returns to her hometown of Arcadia Bay to attend the prestigious Blackwell Academy. Max is shy, loves selfies and retro cameras, and also has the power to rewind time. She learns this latter fact while saving the life of Chloe, a punkish, blue-haired Blackwell dropout. Max and Chloe used to be best friends, but fell out of touch. After the incident, the two reconnect, and Chloe enlists Max's help in searching for her other friend, Rachel, who recently went missing.
Arcadia Bay has troubles of its own. A once prosperous fishing town, it's fallen on hard times. It's also beset by a series of weird 'eco-disasters'—everything from snow in the middle of summer, to an unscheduled eclipse. It's heavily implied that these disasters are supernatural and potentially apocalyptic. The students of Blackwell are even planning an "End of the World" party—a metaphor with all the subtlety of a bull smashing into the coming-of-age shelf of a DVD store, a copy of The Rules of Attraction impaled on one horn.
There's a quiet beauty to Life Is Strange that is a big part of the reason it's stuck with me since the first episode. For all its missteps, the atmosphere it creates is pitch perfect. It looks gorgeous – rendered in a painterly, hyperreal style that seems to effortlessly create memorable moments. Images as simple as Max sitting contemplatively in someone's kitchen can feel poignant and vulnerable. The soundtrack is excellent, too – the acoustic score accompanied by licensed tracks from Mogwai, Amanda Palmer, the Foals and similar

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes of course

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐