💬 Review Life of a mercenary

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,077 happy users since 2014.
Register

Wickedonetwo

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Life of a mercenary

A medieval based choice, text game where you control a team of mercenaries. Brilliant writing and very immersive, great reply value and challenging. A must play for anyone liking the choice genre

Review:
I really loved this game for the awesome story, and quite good reply value. Being a text based choice game, it is sometimes easy to railroad the player to do certain things, but here you can overcome obstacles in a variety of ways, using a multitude of different techniques and tactics. From the settings to the characters and plot, none of it feels forced. Though the main basic story remains the same on each playthrough, it never feels repetitive and allows you to explore different options. Great challenge for those that don't like the typical, start to finish type gameplay. I died a few times and it really made me think of the best possible routes using the skills I had acquired, each playthrough taught me more and forced me to really try to survive. The game encompasses romance from straight gay or bisexual (although you don't have to romance anyone) so is very inclusive and progressive from that standpoint. It also uses an "honor" system, which will change the jobs your company can take on, and a fame system, allowing you to take on more high profile jobs from nobles and the like. One aspect I really enjoyed was the upkeep of your base and keeping your two partners happy.

Would you recommend this to other users? For the reasons stated above, it is a great game. Good for anyone that likes the text based choice games, and anyone who enjoys a challenge

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐