Little Help with Port Forwarding

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,184 happy users since 2014.
Register

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hi so i am basically stuck here

Can I set the same IP which is obtained automatically to LAN IP RANGE?

Will that work or will it create issues?

Klaubaumann

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Which router do you have? Maybe you can do a Google search how to forward the ports for your router.
In my router I can choose the device and the system will also select the correct IP. I think it should be okay to set the IP because an IP address seldom changes.
But you should keep in mind that your IP will probably change if you change from LAN to WLAN and vice versa.

Lollil922

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm just trying to figure this out new to all this.

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Which router do you have? Maybe you can do a Google search how to forward the ports for your router.
In my router I can choose the device and the system will also select the correct IP. I think it should be okay to set the IP because an IP address seldom changes.
But you should keep in mind that your IP will probably change if you change from LAN to WLAN and vice versa.
Thanks for the detailed info!

I had forgotten an important step of creating static ip and was using the dynamic ip..which is why i kept having issues!

I have two routers one is D-Link and other is ZTE and let me tell you "ZTE" one is really mess, it has useless fields that you need to fill even while creating simple port forwarding....

See for yourself

photo_2019-12-05_18-55-50.jpg

Bombastik

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
forward to your local ip and set a static ip in your network configuration so it doesn't change

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
forward to your local ip and set a static ip in your network configuration so it doesn't change
Yes Found the way to set it up now!

Works but did not see any increase is upload speed or anything :(