💬 Review Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,158 happy users since 2014.
Register

almaline

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn

Meg Mackworth’s hand-lettering skill has made her famous as the Planner of Park Slope, designing beautiful custom journals for New York City’s elite. She has another skill too: reading signs that other people miss. Like the time she sat across from Reid Sutherland and his gorgeous fiancée and knew their upcoming marriage was doomed to fail..

Review:
This book is one of the most charming romantic novels I've ever read. I adored how cute the two main characters are together. The guy is more analytical and works in finance and the heroine is more creative and is a hand-letterer. They perfectly complimented each other and I loved seeing them fall for each other. Plus there are interesting side plots of the heroine drifting away but then getting closer again with her best friend/roomate and Reid is involved in a surprising scandal. I initially thought the premise was strange and still kind of do; after Reid's marriage ended he storms into Meg's shop and demands an explanation because some letters spell out "mistake" on his wedding invitation. I couldn't figure out why he even cared at that point or what he was expecting from the woman who drew letters on his invitations. I guess he wants an honest opinion on the future of his marriage from complete strangers? But the writing and the cute fonts throughout the book won me over and now it is one of my favorite books of the year so far. I wasn't expecting it to be so heartwarming, sweet, and empowering even. Now I'm going to keep an eye out for any future Kate Clayborn books!

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, I would recommend this if you enjoy romances or chick lit. Or if you need to get your mind off COVID-19 or really enjoy the city of New York where it takes place.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐