💬 Review Love, Simon

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,609 happy users since 2014.
Register

kenziafoxx

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the Content you are reviewing: Love, Simon

Teen romance following Simon Spier, a closeted gay boy, as he falls in love with an anonymous user and subsequently deals with a coming of age.

Review:
This movie is wonderful. It was the first major romance I've ever seen about an LGBT+ character playing in theaters, and it did not disappoint. Nick Robinson is an extremely talented actor who perfectly captured what it's like to be in the closet, and what it's like to fall in love at a young age. Furthermore, Jennifer Garner plays just about the kindest, most accepting, and most convincing mother in the world. Their dynamic was phenomenal, not to mention the coming out scene that left no dry eye in the house.
There are some issues with this movie that many have addressed, such as Simon's friends' reactions to some things he did, tending to make his coming out more about them than it was about him. Which is fair, for these characters don't seem to realize the tremendous amount of stress he was going through, but personally, I believe this is very true to how teenagers would react in this situation, making the portrayals just that more perfect.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this movie to everyone in the world, if I could.