💬 Review Lovestruck mod and base game

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,048 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sarahmunn

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Lovestruck mod and base game

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Mod apk [v8.5] Lovestruck - Choose Your Romance

Lovestruck is a an app that hosts a collection of visual make your own choice style book games with a center on romance and it is free to play. The mod has unlimited tickets and makes it easy to farm for hearts.

Review:
There are a lot of pros and cons of lovestruck. While discussing these pros and cons I will also add how downloading the mod on sbenny changes your experience.
First and foremost as with most games like this lovestruck features a in game currency system tickets and hearts. To clarify tickets are used to read chapters in a characters route. While hearts are used to make special choices within a story the vast majority of which are either intimacy in a romantic or sexual way sometimes the heart choice allows the mc to do things like kiss a character for the first time a chapter or two before it happens without the heart choice. However this is not always the case as lovestruck has a wide range of writers on staff and some prefer to do things differently from the ones I have read which are mostly female and non-binary you are not often given a heartbreaking choice that makes you feel like a heartless monster if you don't take the heart choice like other games through. I have heard that some of the older male routes do through I can't confirm this however. The pros of this is that they can still pay their writers while keeping the game free and eliminating the need for a lot of over the top intrusive ads. The cons are that unless you are willing to pay for hearts and tickets you have to wait for tickets and farm for hearts. The wait for tickets is about average for games like this not fantastic but not so long that those with a decent amount of patience are going insane. The farming of hearts is where things can get frustrating. You can earn hearts in heart quests which is where you read a certain amount of chapters in a characters route you are offered three of these a day each for a different character usually and when you finish one another quest takes its place. Sometimes you will also get a fourth special limited time quest which has a bigger payout compared to the regular ones. The other system is that you get three chances a day (the last two you have to watch a brief ad to get) to play pick a card game to get a puzzle piece to one of their puzzles. When you complete a puzzle you get hearts this however takes a while so isn't a reliable way to get hearts the same way heart quests are. Then last but not least sometimes on the weekends will put on a special get hearts for each chapter read and these aren't character route specific like heart quests so you can read whatever you want. Admittedly these special weekend events haven't happened since the writers came back after a successful protest against the company asking for more pay. Now the mod makes playing even more fun. It eliminates the wait for tickets and makes it so much easier to farm the heart quests for hearts as well. So you end up with a lot less waiting which is always a plus time is a limited resource after all.
This can be a pro or con depending on where you fall on the issue. Lovestruck does use an avatar for the mc which is the reader if you don't want that then I would suggest trying the arcana instead it keeps the reader without an avater. You also aren't able to customize the avater for any book so far.
Personally for me this has never been an issue but most of the choices in game especially the special choices (the heart choices are like this so the completely free to play players are not at a disadvantage and wondering what happened) are mostly meaningless for some you are left with the feeling that no matter what you say or do it doesn't matter the story was always going to go this way. I don't mind it because I like the characters and sometimes the story plot other times the story plot isn't as interesting as the love interest but what can you do. Also keep in mind that you have several books and different love interests in each but each love interest has a different route and these contain different stories so no polyamory or anything. That might be a dealbreaker for some.
Now the huge pro that first attracted me to try lovestruck is the variety of different love interests. You have female, male, and nonbinary options. Recently lovestruck has banched out and started to try their hand at gay romance for males allowing the reader to play as a male. I don't know if it is any good as I haven't read it. I would think that lovestruck has managed to treat the characters with respect and do a good job as they have done with a lot of other characters but I don't know. At any rate this variety is still unmatched within these types of games so a huge plus. Keep in mind that until lovestruck rolls out more books that either allow you to play as male or locks you into playing as a male (there is one book that is solely a male mc book as of this review) if they keep doing this than your choices to play as a male are limited. As of this review those choices aren't a lot.

Would you recommend this to other users? I have loved this game for a while and the mod only made the experience better. I really recommend giving it a try.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sarahmunn

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
As of know lovestruck is gone. I mourn the loss of such an amazing app along with many others. I will list some alternatives that are all free for the most part for lgbt content as straight choice games are not very difficult to find with a simple search in the playstore in case anyone sees this. The app I mentioned within the review like the arcana are still available along with choices stories you play, and if you don't mind no animations hosted games and cog through cog games are no longer being modded on sbenny so you would have to pay for them, there is also lovelink which is a kinda fantasy realistic dating app simulation along with others being launched now after its succes like lovematch.
Switchcraft which is a lesbian match puzzle games featuring a story that follows a witch. There is also other games like romance club, orginals, and episodes that are like choices stories you play but they have either less lgbt content or some decent amount but only if you like specific content like fantasy or modern not as much variety as choices which almost always has a female love interest to choose or if it is a book that only has one love interest you can choose them to be female.
There are also some others that have some very limited like one or two stories with a female love interest or enable you to play as a male romancing a male but with the exception of these one or two stories the rest are all heterosexual content on these apps which nothing wrong just not what I am looking for and if you are reading this far you either so I won't bother listing them.
What's your story by ludia which is where lovelink came from before it developed into its own separate game is still available but not in all regions on the playstore I think if not available in your region it is easy to find in a alternative app stores on the web I think apkpure might have it without mods.
There are some others I have found but this already getting long so I will stop recommending here. Also hopefully there is some I haven't as of yet as I am always on the lookout to feed my hunger and now to fill the void lovestruck left. In all honesty even the ones I just recommended don't quite fill the void lovestruck left as they are great but don't have the sheer representation that lovestruck had I struggle to find many non binary love interests for example not to mention the amount of different story genres they had while still maintaining loveable relatable characters is amazing. I can only hope in the years to come something replaces it that will grow to have the same amount of representation and meaning as lovestruck had for so many people.