💬 Review Mafia III

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,767 happy users since 2014.
Register

Starboy23

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Mafia III

A third person shooter, adventure game. Set in the fictional city of New Bordeaux (based on New Orleans) in the year of 1968.

Review:
If anything to go from Mafia 2, Mafia 3 should've been the greatest game to come out of 2K Games. The developers boasted a large map, immersive environment and an engaging gameplay. The trailers had hyped up the game to be a true successor of Mafia 2 in terms of graphics, gameplay and storyline. Mafia 3 managed to ge the graphics and maps alright but the missions single handedly ruined the entire game.
To say the game was a disappointment would be an understatement. It somehow managed to have poorer game mechanics than Mafia 2, an underwhelming storyline; which felt 'artificial' and last-minute. I felt the characters were poorly developed and not as engaging as Mafia 2.
The graphics were not too bad, New Bordeaux was a beautifully made city coupled with period correct cars and music; the game managed to bring some amount of immersion.
However the lengthy, often predictable and repeating missions.
But perhaps the last nail in Mafia 3 coffin was (IMO) the release of GTA 5 on PC and on newer generation consoles (especially the addition of GTA Online) GTA had already taken up the audience of a crime-action-shooter game. Leaving little if not nothing for relatively smaller studios (like 2K Games). And compared to the "new" GTA the Mafia 3 had little to offer.

Would you recommend this to other users? I'd say if you haven't played Mafia 1 and 2, then for sure play Mafia 3; standalone it's a pretty good game, however missions in the game have little in way of originality and after a while they become repetitive and annoying.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
I wholly agree with this review. As much as fun as the previous games were, this was a major disappointment.

Also I appreciate lengthier main storylines but given the example of MAFIA III absurdly long, boring and repetitive missions was literal torture, especially for someone who aims to achieve 100% completion.