💬 Review Mastermind, How to think like Sherlock Holmes

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,390 happy users since 2014.
Register

Kaisr

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Mastermind, How to think like Sherlock Holmes

Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes, released January 3, 2013, is a book written by Maria Konnikova exploring ways to improve mindfulness, logical thinking and observation using Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional character Sherlock Holmes as an exemplar.

Review:
In Mastermind: How To Think Like Sherlock Holmes, Maria Konnikova teaches you how to apply the thinking methods and techniques of Sherlock Holmes to your everyday life.
In a nutshell, Maria Konnikova puts twenty-first century neuroscience and psychology on your side.
With some self-awareness and a little practice, you can sharpen our perceptions, solve difficult problems, and enhance your creative powers.
By walking through the science of memory, creativity, and reasoning, and using Sherlock Holmes to bring the ideas to life, Maria Konnikova helps you master your own mind.
Konnikova helps us rise above and avoid the pitfalls of the Watson mind through proven practices so we can free ourselves from our unconscious biases and our habitual distractions.
Mastermind is an journey of epic proportion. As such, this is an epic book review to help you see the breadth and depth that Konnikova covers, with enough detail so you can see why this is one of those books that you don’t want to miss, and will serve you for life.
It’s one of those books that can help you for the rest of your life, for the best of your life.

Would you recommend this to other users? Very much so

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Aljenadro2938

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
YThis ebook is fun and funny because it says that it teaches us to think like Sherlock Holmes, I will not do spoilers but I will say that I have not finished it yet

shooterstar

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
How can you not like a good Sherlock Holmes story? Whether it be the old films or the more modern films and series? Nothing beats trying to emulate your heroes and if you can learn how to do it in a step by step formula, all the better. This book is a very helpful guide on logical thinking, mind palaces and powers of deduction. I read it twice and still feel like there is more to learn!