💬 Review MazM: Jekyll and Hyde

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,342 happy users since 2014.
Register

birdqueen

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: MazM: Jekyll and Hyde

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): MazM: Jekyll and Hyde – Aplikace na Google Play

A lovely game inspired of the book Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde from Robert Louis Stevenson. You represent a british lawyer named Gabriel John Utterson and try to solve a mystery of evil Edward Hyde who is (spoiler) a bit linked to your old friend Dr. Henry Jekyll.

Review:
The story takes place in London in the gothic times. G. J. Utterson is a british lawyer. He is alarmed by the will of his old friend Dr. Jekyll. In the will Jekyll writes that if he dies his all fortune should be given to Edward Hyde. Hyde is known as a person without limits to be capable of spreading terror and fear through streets. And so the story of finding out who Hyde truly is begins.
The graphics are stunning. The pictures portray spooky London streets using various cold colours that perfectly depict the gloomy atmosphere. I have to admit sometimes it made my skin crawl.
What made a big impression on me was the music. Romantic while speaking to Jekyll, dramatic was played while searching the lonely streets of London, tremendous by the time catching Hyde. I adore all of them. I have to say, the componist must be talented to make music like this happen. I personally love the Jekyll's song which is played by opening the app.
I do not like reading but this game impressed me so much that I had to read the original book. I have to say the whole content of the game is the same as the content of the book.
I would love to play MazM's Jekyll and Hyde again soon. In my opinion it is the best interpretation I have ever seen.

Would you recommend this to other users? The content of the book is well-known (at least it was) so I think it is important to have it read. If you are a non-reading person like me I definitely recommend playing the game.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

birdqueen

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Indeed it was and that's what I like about it lol I mean these times were pretty scary if you imagine