💬 Review Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,013 happy users since 2014.
Register

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero

Set in the '90s, this horror book is supposed to be a "Scooby-Doo" meets the supernatural about a bunch of kids who solved a mystery in the '70s. Over a decade later, the mystery they solved has come back to haunt them.

Review:
This came highly recommended by someone who's usually good at suggesting books to me so I really wanted to like this book. Plus, I'm all for a supernatural twist and the book art was eye-catching! But, the characters made it difficult, especially near the end when they constantly made dumb decisions left and right. I got so frustrated that I didn't even care if any of them survived. I pretty much just wanted to get through the book since I had already invested so much time on it, and I was so close to the end.

Also, the main villain's motivation was super—for a lack of a better word—lame. I was expecting more since what went down has been haunting the kids for thirteen years, but the reveal was very anticlimactic. It was thirteen years' worth of buildup to... nothing!

And, the love story felt forced. I really don't like one-sided love stories where one person pretty much wears down their love interest to eventually accept them, all so it could be a "happy ending." I mean, I LOVE romantic comedies so I'm all for happy endings, but I want the happy ending/coupling to be justified and earned.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, I recommend it to people who like horror, mystery, and the supernatural. But, don't come into this book with high expectations like me. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐