Mobile apps and web development.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,702 happy users since 2014.
Register

Chillybilly

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well lately due to being bored and free all the time I thought I start learning some coding to be able to build some mobile apps(social apps, games), websites and forum so I googled. Some mentioned learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript, some said they are old so learn wordpress, PHP etcetera etcetera first for web development. Some sites say that it's better to learn while building a project so as you learn to solve problems as you face them. some say just start with basics and you'll slowly master all. So what's the pros and cons? What would be better in Long run?Which online platforms are better to learn 'em? Free or paid?freecodecamp, codeacademy, Khan academy, Udemy, probate, or Mobile apps(mimo, soloLearn etc). Any guidance and suggestions to online learning?
And for apps development I'm thinking of using java and kotlin and unity for gaming (though I'll dabble in it later when I have learned basics of web development. A question: Which Field has more prospects then the other, apps development or web building? pros and cons? )

PS: Sorry for bad English.

Last edited:

0 Thunderstorm 0

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
This all is deeper than what we think at starting. My case is same as yours. Web development and app development have some diffrences. Well, from what information I gathered, you should first start with learning basics of HTML language (tags, structure, etc.). Then go for its advanced version. CSS, Php, SEO,........there are lot of things to learn. Not a days work.😉
For app development, java is the mostly used language. Go with it. I read somewhere that to get good results with unity, better have some knowledge of C# (C Sharp). Kotlin is a slightly advanced programming language and will become more popular in upcoming days.

Now about the platforms. That depends on you, in which way you prefer to study the notes. I use ProgrammingHub app. Very easy to understand notes. Explained neatly with examples. Sooooo..., if you are a complete noob, go with it. But it has limited scope for practise. Here comes Sololearn. Lots of problems to solve there. And their content is also good. So, you can first go through fundamentals and examples first and then practise it. Lots of nice optins for coding practise. Best I found was CODECHEF.

You can google it all if you want any further details.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Lol I bought Programming hub lifetime xD
But I would say for app development Start with C#
for web dev I use An app called mimo. Its cool and also its host your webpages.

0 Thunderstorm 0

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Lol I bought Programming hub lifetime xD
But I would say for app development Start with C#
for web dev I use An app called mimo. Its cool and also its host your webpages.
Lifetime membership with real money?!?

0 Thunderstorm 0

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well, I just patched it with L.P and purchased lifetime pro membership for free.😉
My tab is not rooted so I have logged in it with facebook. 😊

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Well, I just patched it with L.P and purchased lifetime pro membership for free.😉
My tab is not rooted so I have logged in it with facebook. 😊
LOL used that before... But somehow my Pc was not syncing with that maybe that patch is only for user side not server. That's why I thought I could use some authenticity and as they are giving a very cheap deal so why not 😊😜

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
I am learning python and basics of MySQL. Maybe you should choose a single language first and become comfortable with that language first