Modding Hungry Shark Evolution

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,717 happy users since 2014.
Register

JD45

In Love Lv4️⃣
VIP
Member for 8 years
First and foremost, a HUGE thanks to Raxx . He in essence walked me through this, suggested the app and answered all of my questions. I couldn't have done it without him and have learned a lot.

I highly recommend this as a beginner's tutorial as I am definitely a beginner and this went VERY fast for me.

First off, head to Raxx's Post and download the tools he has listed there. Getting Reflexil in Reflector was a bit different for me. I had to download it (via google) and place the Reflexil.dll inside of the Addins folder of Reflector. In addition to his tools, I already have WinRAR installed on my PC.

Game Modded:
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fgol.HungrySharkEvolution
Estimated time: 5-10 minutes depending on how much exploring you want to do.

1. Get a hold of the Hungry Shark apk file. Whether you export it with Titanium backup, or some other tool or download it from google.
2. Once downloaded, right click on the .APK file, choose Open With and select WinRar. See the attached image of how the .APK looks opened in WinRAR. Now, double click the following folders to drill down. assetts, bin, data. Stop there. Click the Managed folder and Extract To. Extract this to a location you'll use, in my case I just used my desktop.

3. Inside the Managed folder you'll see a file called Assembly-CSharp.dll. This is the one we are after. Either drag that on top of your .NET Reflector icon or open it with .NET Reflector, either way.
4. Once open you'll see something that looks like the attached image.

5. Before you do anything, go to the menu in Reflector at the top and select Tools>>Reflexil. You should see a new window open in the bottom of Reflexil.

6. In Reflector click Search or just press F3. Now another window will open.

7. In the upper right hand corner of Reflector are 3 icons. We are after the one that looks like a finger pointing. The one in the middle, click that or press Ctrl + M.
8. Credits to Raxx for the guidance once again. Under search, type get_currency. Give it a second to load the results and scroll to the bottom. The one we are after has a Declaring Type called Shark Stats. Double click that one. You are going to see a new window now and your results will look different than mine as my APK is already modified. Leave the line that has the OpCode or 'ret' alone. Don't edit, delete or do anything with it. You need one other line of instruction. Whether you choose to remove everything else and create new or leave one line and edit it, the result is the same. In my case I edited the remaining line above the ret line and made the following changes: OpCode: ldc.i4, Operand Type: Int32. I left Decimal (Dec) selected and put in something like 9999999999. Hit Update and we're done with this one.

9. Now search for get_premiumcurrency and do the same exact things as you did in #8 here.
10. Search for get_health. You should get a result called get_healthPower. This one is a bit different. If you look on the left pane, instead of saying Int32, it says Single. Double click on get_healthPower. Same as before, leave the ret line and one other line. Now use ldc.r4 instead of ldc.i4. And make your other single instead of int32. I put in 999 and hit update.

11. Back in the left pane of Reflector, collapse everything down and look for the Assembly-CSharp.dll file we opened. It's the one with the book icons. Click that, right click, Reflexil and save as. I saved mine right back in to the Managed folder. Delete the original in the folder and remove the 'Patched" name from the file so you now only have one file called Assembly-CSharp.dll. Almost done!
12. Open your Hungry Shark .APK in WinRar and drill down to the Managed folder again. Click Add and navigate to this Assembly-Csharp.dll file and hit Ok, WinRAR will by default overwrite the original. Our APK is almost ready.
13. Take your APK and place it in to the #4 folder of Advanced APK Tool. Right click on the main icon, run it as an admin. Select #4 to sign, select your APK (there should be only one unless you've done others before, and press 'y' to sign. Give it a second and it will tell you that it's done.
14. Transfer your modded APK file to your device and enjoy a boatload of gems, coins and infinite health!

Even though it probably is a really simple app for people to mod, I learned a lot in the process and hopefully you will as well.

Raxx

Veteran Lv7️⃣
eBook Releaser
Member for 8 years
Re: Tutorial Modding Hungry Shark Evolution

Great post. Good work! I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Extremely good tutorial congratz JD for your first MOD! I'm pretty sure this Topic will be a reference for many people!

ViiP3R

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years

Really interesting. Keep up the good work.

##TOPIC APPROVED##

Best regards,

-J

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years

Nice job raxx, keep up the good work JD45, Excellent (y) (y)

mimmo59

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Complimenti JD , bel tutorial (y)