💬 Review moto x pure edition (US re-brand of the moto x style) by axelleviii

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,743 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: moto x pure edition (US re-brand of the moto x style)

Description
size: 153.9 mm (6in) x 76.3mm (3in).
3000 mAh battery (that they call "all-day battery").
fast charging dedicated cable that can charge the device for another 10 hrs of use in about 15 minutes or so.
fully customize-able when you order, you can choose what colors it will have.
21 megapixel back camera, 5 megapixel front camera.
unlocked, worked with several major carriers.
water repellent/proof for small spills or rain - not designed to be fully submerged though! don't drop it in the toilet!

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
i liked the fast charging, and the ability to hold that charge for a long time. before this phone, i had an LG G3 that would run through the battery quite fast, so i definitely attracted to that "all-day battery." it has a crisp image on the screen, nice colors, and i liked that you could "wake" it up by double tapping the screen. despite dropping it a few times, the screen did not crack.

Things I don't like
it wasn't compatible with some of the apps i wanted to play, and it wouldn't recognize the memory card i'd inserted (if it did, it would only recognize it for a temporary amount of time). the front cam didn't auto-reverse so it showed a mirror image of me like iphones do; i was used to LG and samsung front cams that auto-flip the image so it's correctly oriented on the front cam. also, the default front cam software didn't have any sort of softening filters like LG or samsung did and i hated every selfie i took with it because i could see too many blemishes (call me shallow ahaha) and i couldn't find any free camera apps that did what i wanted this one to do. the phone got VERY HOT after running certain apps or using it for extended periods of time. when i bought mine, there weren't a lot of options for cases to put on it for protection, either (redbubble didn't even offer cases for this model at the time, for instance).

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
no. mainly because the phone is pretty old now (by phone standards), but it's probably my least favorite smartphone of the ones i've had so far. i couldn't run all the apps i wanted to run on it, which was a major downer a lot of the time and i just Really Hated that front cam.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month