My house guest broke... All my furniture

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,261 happy users since 2014.
Register

Seekorain

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yeah, it's true. I had a house guest who weighed over 400 lbs. Bringing someone into your own home is hard if they don't want to follow rules. The fact that this person was so oblivious or simply didn't care that certain structures were not designed to support their weight would continue to plop into every piece of furniture until it died... Is mind boggling.

My advice to anyone considering to allow someone to live with them is, make sure you both are compatible and respect each other. Most people respect others things, but some do not.

The good news is this furniture was almost 15 years old but I was able to patch up everything enough and either donate or sell it. My living room has 0 seating at the time of this post. I will, however within 4 hours be having delivered a new couch and special "Daddy" rocking swivel chair.

Again, having someone live with you that does not mutually respect your things is just a nightmare. I wanted to share a small story of my most recent experience. Just another side effect of this pandemic.

Regards,
Seeko

Seekorain

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I did want to mention I acknowledged the fact that this person needed seating as well so I purchased comforter specialized chairs with foot rest. It didn't stop them from ruining the other furniture sadly.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Every guest should be mutually co-operative as much as possible for a comfortable stay but some people can be bad. I hope that it doesn't happen with you or anyone.