Need help on spying app

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,944 happy users since 2014.
Register

Murk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
so i did look around and all apps need physically installing of apps or need to be on same wifi. any app that you guys know that could work.if not that can something be done to get it installed by some link or so.

maybe we can change posters on app and make it look like something else?

PReed2309

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Do you mean installing an app on someone else's phone so you can spy on them?

My advice - do not do it.

In one of my previous jobs I had my phone hacked into by a so-called work friend. He installed an app without my knowledge while I was out at lunch. I could not even see this app in my apps list because he took the icon off and disallowed me to even open it even if I found it.

This app was not only uploading all my private texts and phone calls, all my internet and banking activities, but was actively screen recording everything I did on my phone which was then uploaded to a remote server where it was broadcast on the internet. This app even had access to my camera to record me whenever I had the phone on.

I will tell you this, even though it happened 4 years, I have still not recovered from it. I suffered humiliation on a level you will never understand.

Please do not put anyone through what I did, regardless of who they are.

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
For first consideration, how do you plan to use this kind of app ?

Murk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
all i need is something that can read whatsapp files saved data. that is all
Post automatically merged:

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Post automatically merged:

If that's what you need, you can try this solution.
1. Install any whatsapp cloning app,
2. Clone the targeted account.
2. Copy the whatsapp backup database replacing one generated from the app, and open the clone app.

MeredithB

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
So sorry to hear about that. Now I am being paranoid. How was this app called? How did you figure it out? Can I sweep the phone with an antivirus and check if my devices is clean?

Thank you for sharing your experience

Mer

sicadus

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Do you think this type of freeware really works?

MeredithB

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Do you mean installing an app on someone else's phone so you can spy on them?

My advice - do not do it.

In one of my previous jobs I had my phone hacked into by a so-called work friend. He installed an app without my knowledge while I was out at lunch. I could not even see this app in my apps list because he took the icon off and disallowed me to even open it even if I found it.

This app was not only uploading all my private texts and phone calls, all my internet and banking activities, but was actively screen recording everything I did on my phone which was then uploaded to a remote server where it was broadcast on the internet. This app even had access to my camera to record me whenever I had the phone on.

I will tell you this, even though it happened 4 years, I have still not recovered from it. I suffered humiliation on a level you will never understand.

Please do not put anyone through what I did, regardless of who they are.

So sorry to hear about that. Now I am being paranoid. How was this app called? How did you figure it out? Can I sweep the phone with an antivirus and check if my devices is clean?

Mer

PReed2309

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years

Mer
Hi Mer,

My apologies, I have not used this site in a while so have not kept up-to-date with any replies I need to respond to.

There are numerous ways of gaining access to other people's phones that would quite frankly scare you and make you even more paranoid than you are now if I told you all I knew.

It is an extremely lengthy story to have to explain about my experience of being hacked because as time went on, the methods involved changed. The app that was originally installed on my phone will not show at all by either checking list of apps in settings. It was able to hide itself by using a pretty generic system app name. There was no icon to click on to open up the app on my phone at all and was controlled remotely. I will not mention the actual name of this spying app in public in case anyone else gets ideas of using it themselves. Feel free to message me privately if you want a more in-depth discussion about it.

When I found out my camera was being controlled, I tried to disable any app gaining access to camera permission by downloading a disable camera app on play store. It didn't work. Out of all of the people who had access to my camera, the only person who couldnt access my camera was me. On my own phone.

As well as spying apps, it's possible to send an innocent looking text to someone's phone which has malicious code embedded in the text. Once you open that text, whoever has sent command will now have control over certain system apps. The ball starts rolling from there. Pretty soon you will be able to know when their phone boots up, when it's charging, where they are located using their GPS. If someone wanted to be a completely nasty evil individual, they can also put all that information on the internet for others to watch. In real time. It sounds like I have typed up a plot that can only exist in a horror movie but everything I have put here happened to me.

Hamabix3

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi Mer,

My apologies, I have not used this site in a while so have not kept up-to-date with any replies I need to respond to.

There are numerous ways of gaining access to other people's phones that would quite frankly scare you and make you even more paranoid than you are now if I told you all I knew.

It is an extremely lengthy story to have to explain about my experience of being hacked because as time went on, the methods involved changed. The app that was originally installed on my phone will not show at all by either checking list of apps in settings. It was able to hide itself by using a pretty generic system app name. There was no icon to click on to open up the app on my phone at all and was controlled remotely. I will not mention the actual name of this spying app in public in case anyone else gets ideas of using it themselves. Feel free to message me privately if you want a more in-depth discussion about it.

When I found out my camera was being controlled, I tried to disable any app gaining access to camera permission by downloading a disable camera app on play store. It didn't work. Out of all of the people who had access to my camera, the only person who couldnt access my camera was me. On my own phone.

As well as spying apps, it's possible to send an innocent looking text to someone's phone which has malicious code embedded in the text. Once you open that text, whoever has sent command will now have control over certain system apps. The ball starts rolling from there. Pretty soon you will be able to know when their phone boots up, when it's charging, where they are located using their GPS. If someone wanted to be a completely nasty evil individual, they can also put all that information on the internet for others to watch. In real time. It sounds like I have typed up a plot that can only exist in a horror movie but everything I have put here happened to me.
How did you get rid of it? Factory reset? Purchase new phone? Also I assume you didn't put up a lock screen on your phone before, or did you? I put mine, and I was wondering if anyone could still access it and download some unknown app in my phone.

PReed2309

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
How did you get rid of it? Factory reset? Purchase new phone? Also I assume you didn't put up a lock screen on your phone before, or did you? I put mine, and I was wondering if anyone could still access it and download some unknown app in my phone.
The first phone infected was the original Moto G 4G phone. I tried to do a factory reset but on that phone there were commands written on the build.prop which when factory reset, just started getting commands from the build.prop.

It took me many phones and changing Google accounts etc but believe what also happened is i opened up a text message that was claiming to be from a bank in my country with a list of transactions for someone called Janet. No way was this legitimate. I discovered it's possible to open an account with a rogue spying company, you send them a mobile number and they will send rogue texts to that number with malware written in them. After extremely deep investigations I discovered this text will have a command to find your uccid number which is unique to your SIM card. Because I was putting the same SIM in different phones I was inadvertently starting the ball rolling each time I had a new phone. These spying techniques are very clever. Basically texts, Facebook messenger messages etc would be somehow uploaded remotely to a server which was viewable online by anyone who went on the site. I do not know to this day what the site was as if I ever saw the footage and what people had access to, it would totally destroy me. I know as fact this is true as I overheard conversations what was viewed including my bank statements and how much money I had in my bank. I even overheard conversations about my texts and they coming up with reasons why I had not answered certain texts. It was a complete breach of privacy that I know will take me years to recover from.

I bave got some handy tips to help anyone who may be going through the same or suspect

1) Ask your network provider to provide you with a new SIM card. No access to uccid means no access to transmit data.

2) Use two factor security on any app you want private especially email and messages apps.

3) If you suspect your WhatsApp messages are intercepted then go the whole hog and request a new SIM card with new mobile number.

4) be extremely careful where you download apks. You may like the sound of a modded game you haven't seen anywhere else and download it. If Google play protect warns you not to install then don't.

5) Change your passwords every week. If you create new accounts on Google Chrome, this browser allows a lot of sites to create the password for you. Use this as these are always strong passwords.

6) If you suspect your phone has been taken over, get rid of it. Start a fresh with new SIM card, Google account and new phone. It's not worth keeping a phone regardless if you have paid a lot of money for if it isn't safe.

7) Check your notifications for text messages. If you don't recognise the sender do NOT open it. Block the sender.

8) Gmail you need to be careful too. Be very wary of opening up emails from unknown sender's especially if they have sent attachments. Again block and report to Google. Google never responds but trust me on this - they will act if anything malicious and deal with them accordingly.

9) Guard your internet privacy. Use a good VPN. I use PROTON VPN and it's a great service. Proto mail is an excellent email service that encrypts all your emails and cannot be intercepted by third parties. Tor is your best friend if you want to go anywhere that you want to keep private. I don't necessarily mean the dark web but any site that you demand total privacy and cannot allow others spying on you.

10) Don't be stupid. If you have no knowledge of rooting and decide to go to a site that offers boot images and OS updates that you are unsure of, don't bother. Really not worth the hassle.

11) If you're certain you're being spied on and it's affecting your health like it had with me, confide in a reliable friend. Show them what you suspect on your phone and ask their opinion. You could be paranoid or you really could be spied on.

12) Be extremely wary of screens flickering on and off. This could be a sign an app is using the display over other apps. If this is happening, go in setting and apps and go through every single app you have including system apps to see if they have this permission. If in doubt take off the permission. Also be very wary of apps using the device administrator permission in security settings. These permissions can give apps permission to lock you out your phone and even uninstall and install apps without your knowledge.

13) Check an apps permissions. Does a game you downloaded really need making phone calls permission? Be sensible. Dont automatically allow permissions when they pop up. Question each one and if you don't like the look of one, don't allow the permission.

14) If you have developer options available on your phone, check running services. Again question if any app should really be running constantly in the background. Does a simple game you played hours ago really need to have a service constantly running in the background you cannot turn off? It's all common sense and experience.

Above all - learn from my mistakes. If I have saved one person from having their lives ruined by this, I have done my duty.

Anyone on here who needs further assistance or a discreet chat in messages here, my door is always open.

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I am really sorry to hear such cruel behavior you have endure. I hope you are okay now and free from that evil person.
Maybe I missed this but I want to ask how do you know or finally realize your phone has been hacked?

Thank you for your time and sharing this such valuable information.
Hope you have great life now 🙏

PReed2309

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for your kind words @Silentragnarok

In my case people at my work were openly laughing and joking about it in front of me. In a way I was pleased about this because if I'm completely honest, I would never have known otherwise.

There are many ways to suspect a phone has been hacked. Common issues are your battery runs out a lot quicker than normal or your phone goes very hot when you haven't really been using it.

I had the Samsung S8 at release and even though Samsung has tight security with their Knox, I noticed I was getting downloads of jar files for what I considered no apparent reason. It wasn't until I started going in the system folders I noticed that the lib folder had constant new .so files all originating from these jar files that were being downloaded.

It really is incredible how much acces other people can get on your phone without you being aware. It certainly had made me much more security conscious. You can never be 100% guaranteed to be hack free but there is plenty you can do to help yourself.

Main thing is being very careful who you share information with online. If you really do not know someone don't share any personal information about yourself.

Once I started talking to this random lady on a site called VK which is a Russian social media site. She gave me her mobile number to talk on WhatsApp. Not long after I attempted to top up on my network providers app and when I got to the payment screen I was redirected to a VK URL where the information I had inputted about my bank card was there to see including security 3 digit number.

You really need to be careful online now and not be naive like I was.

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
That is really awful. Why people do that? That is just sick and invasion of privacy. God I just can’t imagine how you feel.

The symptoms is pretty common and often we (and I) just see that as normal conditions. Like battery draining fast and phone is hot at standby. I personally didn’t think thoroughly about these. And my assumption is maybe my batteries is old and need to be replaced. And now after I know this I have to check my app and files manager.

Thank you for answering my question.
May now you have peaceful life and away from toxic and bad people.

PReed2309

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
The very worst thing to happen to me was whenever I was on my way back home from work, I started to notice the same cars stop right by me and then a few minutes later drive past and this continued for weeks. I honestly thought at this point it was paranoia so I changed my route home to be sure.

One day in the summer I decided to walk home as it was a lovely warm day. I took a shortcut through a park and a path through a wooded area. There was 3 guys walking towards me. I carried on walking to go past and one guy said on his phone 'hes just walking past now and will be by you in 5 minutes'. I quickly walked feeling absolutely terrified and left the park back on to a street leading back to my main route home. I heard this white van come down road quickly and slammed on the brakes right next to me and the two guys in the van just stared right at me. For a while after this day I had more cars following me, driving past and turning around for what should be no apparent reason. People waiting outside buildings and shouting 'hes here' as if they knew exactly when I would be going past.

I later found out that my GPS on my phone was being leaked online so people knew where I was any time I left the house. I turned location off my phone completely and luckily it did stop this behaviour. For a few weeks I literally only went to work and came back home and did nothing else.

I really do not want to scare anyone here but just want to make people aware of what could happen if you are not careful with your phone. Phones can be extremely useful devices giving you access to information and communication but also they can be a curse if you do not treat them with the proper respect.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month