Need help with root.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,115 happy users since 2014.
Register

harwoof

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Guys this is my 1st thread so I apologise in advance if I am doing something wrong. Thing is I used to own a smartphone with android 4.1 and kingroot worked just fine for it. Now i have a nougat Samsung c7 pro and I don't know which software is best to root it. As I am not really an expert so something one click like kingroot will be appreciated . Please help me with this one guys.

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello there @harwoof i regret to inform you that there is no one click root method for any android device running 6.0 or higher as google has added security patches from marshmallow onwards so you have root your phone using pc

harwoof

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Oh man this sux. thanks for the info king. you know any easy software or link to guide that shows the process of root by pc for dummies(like me)?

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yeah, I have an Android 9.0 and want to root my phone but am unaware of a safe, clear way to do so.
@Sbenny @King Hacker any help?
I would recommend checking out xda forums to see if your device can be rooted as rooting depends mostly on the device capabilities so check if they have custom rom for your device although i would advise to first know everything about rooting in general so you won't regret rooting your device

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I agree that XDA forums are well - suited to find this type of info. I had a Galaxy s7 with Android Nougat running and never found a credible one-click rooting app that worked reliably to root it, while I used it as my primary phone. Now that I've transcended to the once-flagship Note 8 in the same series from Samsung, I have noticed rumblings regarding that older s7 model. It seems that some of the unique challenges, that came with trying to root any device with Android 6.0 or higher, have been resolved so as to make the newer versions of Android o/s much more manageable, as it pertains to rooting.

Even given that progress, there is still no very reliable one-click method to root Nougat or higher, that I'm aware of now. That's not to say it isn't possible, cuz it is. I strongly advise that anyone looking to try this for the first time do so with extreme caution!! The process to root is highly technical, and very easily botched by even those who are tech savvy enough to fully understand what it is that they're doing. Needless to say (👈why do people say that? Lol!), botch the rooting process and you may very likely end up with your device becoming "bricked" (that's what is called, when a rooting attempt fails, as it turns your phone into nothing more than a very expensive brick) by an unsuccessful attempt to root. Sometimes, it may be possible that a bricked device can be recovered. Yet, to do so is an equally technical and painstaking procedure.

All of the info on how to root, unroot, and/or recover almost any device can be found at the XDA forums (posting a link here would be discourteous to this site, but if you PM me, I'll supply the link to you). There is also a plethora of posts and articles on that and other sites, which may give you more insight as to whether or not rooting your device is a good idea. To start, try searching the web for your particular device model and add the word "root" to the beginning or end. There are many great advantages to doing it, but those great advantages come at a cost (e.g. the great risk of permanently damaging your device, loss of any valid warrantee if you have it (some devices have rooting methods that allegedly don't invalidate warrantee, but most do so), and increased risk of cyber-thefts/attacks and viruses getting in). Conducting a sober cross benefit analysis of the pros and cons is the best way to determine if you should root, and if you do your homework, you'll see this question raised often: for what purpose do you want to root your device? If you have no viable answer, it's probably best for you to continue researching, or else let sleeping dogs lie.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month