Need somone with more knowlege of moding and .dll .so .dex .dat files have some questions please take a look

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,612 happy users since 2014.
Register

Rinoqp101

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 7 years
ok so normally when modding Il2Cpp you use the "libil2cpp.so" and the "global-metadata.dat" files and create a dump file and dummy .dll files to help mod in hex, When modding real .dll files you use either .NET reflector or dnspy usually in the Assembly-CSharp.dll sometimes others but what do you do if there is no .dll files no .so no .dat files what do you mod? I see some games have a .dex file that do not have these other files, but it seemed kind of complicated to figure out and could not find to much info on the topic. I saw some tutorials saying you had to convert the .dex file to java to mod. Is this correct. And possibly beside that could someone give me a list of files that are beneficial to modding games that I have not already listed, If you know of any more. So I can do some research on them and figure out new ways to mod games if possible. Lastly I wanted to mention that in ida pro there is and option when selection a hex file to patch the original file or .so file is there a way to make this work I have not experimented much with it yet. It would make modding hex sooooo much easier if we could do it that way!!!!

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
You got most of them , smali modding is pretty tough unless you have some knowledge of it .
Very rarely in some games , ( mostly older ones ) the inventory.smali , sometimes observer. smali tend to have ways to make purchase free or make the app premium.

Text based games are simple , you can mod the startup.txt.json or the scenes