Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New RP Story: New York City

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
This story takes place deep in New York City. A young girl is walking home from work when a fight breaks out, drawing her attention. In seconds the fight disperses, but she cannot fight the feeling she is being watched. She speeds up her footsteps, but the action is in vain.

She left work late tonight and missed her bus. If only she'd left on time she wouldn't be walking home alone. This wasn't the first time Tabitha had to walk and she was worried it would become habit.

As she rushes past another alleyway, she is pulled into the darkness. A hand is shoved over her mouth and a voice tells her to keep quiet and stay low.

~*~Please feel free to create a character and add to the story, one post at a time. ~*~

Name: Tabitha "Tibby" Winthrop

Screenshot_2018-10-03-21-26-33-1.png

Hair color: Blue

Hair length: Mid-back

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 123lbs

Backstory: She is an orphan that grew up in various foster homes, never settling down. She eventually found a group home where she stayed before moving into her college dorm. After graduating she came to the it of her dreams, New York City, and began to build a life for herself. I'll reveal more as the story progresses. :)

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Eric Langford

Screenshot_2018-10-03-21-55-33-1.png

Background: He inherited his company when his mother died and expanded it. She was his only living family. He loves to read anything he gets his hands on. He is also a fan of Tabitha's review column. He had been wanting to meet her for awhile but never found a reason to approach her.

---------------

Eric was walking down the sidewalk and looked up ahead of him. A blue haired woman was walking ahead of him, moving toward him, oblivious to her surroundings. A fight broke out from somewhere behind her.

It ended shortly after, but still, he had a bad feeling. He slipped into the alley to his left and grabbed her as she walked by. Moments later, a shot ran out.

"Stay quiet," he growled protectively covering her mouth, the darkness shielding her face.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
As a reflex, she bit down on his hand and wrenched it away from her. She kicked behind her but he held her closer against him. She twisted around and raised her fist preparing to punch him when he caught it. "Who the hell are you?" She asked staring into his dark eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The answer to your question is that I pop on when my email alerts me there's a notification :p

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"My name is Eric Langford," he said breathlessly, staring into her eyes. "Please excuse my actions. I was worried for your safety," he added refusing to break eye contact.

He could feel her pulse beating wildly in her wrist. His heart soared at the prospect of standing so close.

OOC-> Well we are both on now, so let's keep writing.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"As in Eric Langford of Langford Books and Wares?" She asked astonished. She forced herself to break his gaze. "I have to go!" She said nervously pushing past him. In the process she dropped a black notebook, but she didn't notice.
Post automatically merged:

"As in Eric Langford of Langford Books and Wares?" She asked astonished. She forced herself to break his gaze. "I have to go!" She said nervously pushing past him. In the process she dropped a black notebook, but she didn't notice.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
"Wait!" he called out taking her wrist in his hand. "Tomorrow night there is a Gala at the Holiday Inn's Time Square Ballroom. Join me as my guest, " he said desperately holding her gaze once more. "It's a masquerade, so feel free to dress up," he added pulling an invitation from within his coat pocket.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Instantly, her cheeks turned a deep red. "I may have to work, but I might be able to get out of it. I might not have anything to wear though," she said, removing her arm from his grasp. "I will try, but I must go now." She added running off.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
He looked down at his feet and noticed a small notebook. He picked it up and opened it. "The ideas and ramblings of Tabitha Winthrop." The first page read. Smiling as he read and walked, he skimmed the pages. Wonderful ideas for short stories and books danced from the page into his mind. "This is very interesting g," he thought as he made his way into his building. He waved at the doorman and stepped into the elevator. Recently, hed bought out a smaller publication company and prepared to work on publishing books exclusive to his stores. He wanted nothing more than to showcase the talent of writers, and he wanted his first to be her.

He stepped out of the elevator and walked into his penthouse. He set his keys down, but continued to read as he made his way to the bedroom.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
As she entered her tiny rundown apartment, she tossed her work back onto the table in the hall. She moved into her kitchen that was so tiny it really should have been called a "kit". She opened her eggshell colored fridge and grabbed a beer.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed the number for her best friend and boss, Arianna.

"Hello?" Arianna asked.
"Hey Ari, it's me," she replied.
"What's up, buttercup?" she asked.
Before she could think, she blurted out "I met Eric Langford."
On the other end of the phone Ari sounded shocked, "Tell me everything."
So I told her everything...
"You are going tomorrow. End. Of. story," she demanded.

We talked a bit more and got off the phone.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
He walked into the bathroom, showered and put on a pair of shorts.
When he was done, he returned to his room and laid down. He took her notebook from his nightstand and continued to read it.
She was so full of wonderful ideas and so many great things. She definitely wasn't living up to her potential at her current job.
'I hope she comes tomorrow night,' he thought to himself as he drifted off to sleep.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
She quickly showered and changed, the warm water running out long before she was ready to leave. She stepped out of the shower and dried off. As she looked into the mirror she stared at her blue hair. "I definitely wont fit in with my blue hair," she thought out loud. She reached into the medicine cabinet and withdrew a box of temporary, wash out dye. She set it on the counter. Tomorrow morning she would temporarily dye her hair and spend the day getting ready for the gala. She quickly changed into a pair of boxer shorts with "Triforces" on them and an oversized t-shirt that said "Hero of Hyrule". She climbed into bed and willed herself to sleep.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
The next morning he awoke to his alarm. He moved into the kitchen and brewed a pot of coffee, still thinking about what he read in her notebook.
He found himself excited at the prospect of meeting with her again and smiled to himself. He poured a glass of coffee and began to cook his eggs.
He sipped at his coffee absentmindedly, scowling and adding cream and sugar. He served his eggs on a plate and sat at his table overlooking the city.
Today was going to be a good day. Today he was going to show Tabitha what it was like to be treated like a queen.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
She slept through her her alarm that morning and when she woke it was to the sound of someone knocking at her door. She rushed to open it, and there stood a man with three hangers with dress bags over them.

"Please sign," he said in a gruff voice.
"I didn't order anything, " she replied, confused.
"There's a note," he spoke. "It says pick one, love Ari. He must like you."
"Ari is my best friend and she is a she," Tabitha said with a laugh.
"Oh I don't judge," he said handing over the hangers after I signed.
"No I think you have the wrong idea," I said laughing. "I have to go to a charity ball for the first time in my life tonight. She's hepping me pick out an outfit." I couldn't help over explaining, I was nervous.
"It's alright I get it, have a nice day," he said as he left.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Eric pulled out his laptop and began to read and respond to a few emails. He tried his best to focus his attentions on his work, but instead found his mind wandering. Before long, he found himself googing her, trying to learn as much about her as possible. He returned to her notebook, hoping to learn what her dreams and aspirations were.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
She set the gowns down on the couch and ran to the bathroom.
She quickly showered and massaged the temporary washout dye into her hair, using gloves. When it was done, she dried her hair with the blow dryer and patted the dye with a towel to remove any excess. She looked up into the mirror and smiled as she began to curl and pin her hair back into an elegant up-do style. She returned to the living room in her tank top and shorts and opened the dress bags. Inside each was a magnificent gown with a matching mask. Upon inspecting further; a red and black lace traditional corsetted gown, a black and sapphire fishtail gown, and a cinched black and silver number, she chose the black and sapphire one. She carefully withdrew the gown from the bag and hung it on her open coat closet door. This dress alone must've cost her yearly salary (or more). She pulled out her phone and found Ari's contact in her phone.
"I cannot accept any of these," she texted her. in moments her phone buzzed with the reply.
"Don't worry, they're on loan from the fashion department. Whichever one you wear tonight though, Antonio (our resident designer) said you can keep as long as you appear in the 'meet our staff' post wearing the gown." Her heart soared, she never owned anything so nice.
"Does this make you my fairy godmother, Ari?" Tabitha replied smiling, despite the fact that Ari couldn't see.
"Something like that," the final text said.

She set her phone back down on the end table and went to her bathroom to begin to apply her makeup. She opted for a deep sapphire shade and added some black around the edges. She added bold black lipstick, cat-like eyeliner, mascara, and enough powder to make her porcelain skin glow. Then she carefully applied the adhesive lace mask as a finishing touch. She gently changed into the gown, careful not to disturb her hair and slipped on her shoes. When she looked back into the mirror, she almost didn't recognize herself. She quickly sent a picture of herself to Ari, so she could see the final result.

Attachments

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
He finished skimming through her book of ideas and set it back down on the table. He'd return it to her tonight, as long as she showed up. For the first time in his life, he was worried that he would be 'stood up'. Tabitha wasn't just another woman, she was a game changer. He just hoped that he felt the same about her. He made his way to his large walk-in closet and retrieved a hanger from the rack. On it was a black tuxedo with a matching mask. He showered once more and slicked his hair back. He then changed into his tux. As he looked in his reflection in the large window overlooking the city, he fantasized about the ball that was due to start in a few hour's time. As one of the community board members, he was expected to arrive early.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
As she peered around the room she gathered a small black clutch back and slipped her ID, card, and phone inside. She glanced back to the table and there sat a manilla folder with an article she was supposed to submit the day before.
"You've got to be kidding me," she called out gripping the folder and changing into a pair of tennis shoes. She placed her clutch bag and the satin shoes that matched her gown into a messenger bag along with, a cosmetics bag, the folder, a few hair pins, and gathered her keys. She locked her apartment door, and rushed down the stairs, thankful that she had remembered to change into sneakers. She rushed down the sidewalk, forgoing the bus. She only worked a few blocks over, and if she hurried she'd make it in time to drop off the file and still arrive at the ball in a timely manner. As she ran, cars passed her by, and she couldn't help laughing at herself for thinking that attending the ball would be easy.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
As he rode in the back of his hired SUV, he scrolled through the e-mails on his phone. He looked out the window just in time to see a woman in a blue sparkly gown running down the sidewalk. He chuckled to himself. That was the kind of woman he could see himself being with. He wondered if Tabitha was anything like the blue beauty. It couldn't have been her though, her hair was as blue as that dress.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
She quickly rushed into the building and ignored the looks of all the people around her as she did so. She ran to the elevator and stepped in, feeling a million eyes on her. "What? I have to drop something off!" she said defensively as the doors opened on her floor. She rushed into the bullpen and quickly made her way through it to Ari's office. The door was open, so she let herself in. There stood Ari, with a dress bag of her own.

"Hey," she said worriedly.
"Hey, I forgot to give you this," Tabitha said rummaging through her bag and producing the folder. She set it down on Ari's desk.
"I just got an invite to the ball as well, my boss was supposed to go, but her sister went into labor. I've been asked to fill in," Ari said excitedly. "I was about to tell you, we can ride together now."
"Thank god, I don't think it would be that great if I showed up alone, on foot," Tabitha said with a nervous laugh.

As Ari changed into her black and white gown, Tabitha fixed her hair and makeup. Then she changed her shoes and stashed her bag in Ari's office. Back in her high heels and with Ari on her arm, they went back downstairs and entered the limo that was waiting for them. They smiled happily as they took off. Once at the ball, Ari would go her separate way. She had things to do for work and Tabitha would be left to enjoy the party and possibly find Eric.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
He stood by the doors to the ballroom. As he looked at the approaching crowd. One by one he watched people enter after presenting themselves to security, waiting for her. His eyes landed on the woman in the blue gown and his heart soared. Although it was a black and white ball, she looked like she belonged here, her moves were so natural while majestic. I think she missed the memo about it being a black and white ball. Who was this mystery woman and how did she affect him so? When would his blue haired beauty arrive?

She mumbled shyly to security, and they let her through. Then he looked to the woman next to her. She looked like the woman from the online magazine Tabitha worked for. The woman in blue peered around the room, looking embarrassed. Her friend said something to her that made her laugh and ease her worry. Then the two women split up and went their separate ways. He made his way toward the woman dressed in black and white.

"Good evening," he spoke to her.
"Hello, I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. I am Arianna, of Exodus Online," she replied.
"I am Eric, pleased to meet you."
"The pleasure is all mine. Are you Eric Langford?"
"I am," he answered.
"Tabitha is here somewhere. She walked in with me," she said excitedly.
"That was Tabitha?" he asked both shocked and relieved. His mystery woman was also his date.
"Yes," she said with a smile. "Did she grab your attention? I don't think she knew that this was a black and white ball. I guess it also doesn't help that neither of the dresses I helped her pick from were black and white."
He smiled. "She did, I think it's time I say hello," he replied. "Thank you."
"You break her heart I break your face," she said smiling as if what she was saying wasn't a threat.
"I wouldn't dream of it," he said smiling.

He stepped away from Arianna and made his way to Tabitha. She stood on the outskirts of the dancefloor, alone. She didn't seem bothered by it, actually she seemed happy as an observer, but still she seemed as if she longed to dance.
"May I have this dance?" he asked smiling and bowing a little, holding out his hand.