New samurai of hyuga?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,996 happy users since 2014.
Register

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Love the series so much. Initially I hated Jun/ko for the crazy s**t they've done. But after reading book four, I definitely understand what they have gone through. What do you guys think about Jun/ko?
I’m halfway through book 4 and haven’t finish it yet bc I miss my band of misfits and the lack of them is just breaking my heart. I couldn’t continue 😅
But yes, I sympathize Junko. For all she’s been through. Rough childhood and all that. But I still don’t like her idk why. Maybe I biased and just mad bc book for is focused on MC and Junko 😂

notjustmonika

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I can definitely understand that. Book four lacked my favorite kondo and the author focused way more on the 2 ronin misfits. But, as I read through the book, Jun/ko just kinda grew on me. When book five is released, I'll be conflicted on who to side with 😅

I literally just finished book 4 an hour ago and I was like AAAAAAHHH!HHIUSDHAIUDH after I realized it was over
Any thoughts on book four?

notjustmonika

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I haven't read the latest installment but it's one of my most favourite series!!! Right up there with Choice of the Vampire (which i hope it gets it's third book someday soon D:)
Choice of the vampire was also good but sadly there's not even a hint on the COG forum if there's an upcoming sequel ☹

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
It is really good! But damn
Masashi and Toshio were only there for a few bits and I miss them. Ugh Toshio's scene dahdisduhahih :(
The gore involved in book 4 was really high
I don’t know what did I do wrong but Toshie left me and I just 😭
YES! Too gore. Still good tho.

I haven't read the latest installment but it's one of my most favourite series!!! Right up there with Choice of the Vampire (which i hope it gets it's third book someday soon D:)
YES! Choices of Vampire is one of the best old CoG games that has special place in my heart.
Well on their forum, the author didn’t give the exact decision to continue it but still open for suggestions.

notjustmonika

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I liked book 3 more though, maybe because of the puzzles but the angst on book 4 was really good
Yeah book 3 was the best so far. I liked book 4 and how it fleshed out Jun/ko but I was really irritated with the MC for just putting up with the crazy ronin's s**t. Like where the hell is my stoic samurai, they just get pushed around by Jun/ko 😣

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Choice of the vampire was also good but sadly there's not even a hint on the COG forum if there's an upcoming sequel ☹
Well on their forum, the author didn’t give the exact decision to continue it but still open for suggestions.
Well I'll be the bearer of good news as usual and tell you both that the writer was doing research a few months ago to continue the series! Plans are to continue from where the 2nd book ended and take it to a present day setting in an unknown number of books (that bit was undecided).
Admittedly, i don't know how it goes on from there since this i saw on his twitter some time ago :eek:

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well I'll be the bearer of good news as usual and tell you both that the writer was doing research a few months ago to continue the series! Plans are to continue from where the 2nd book ended and take it to a present day setting in an unknown number of books (that bit was undecided).
Admittedly, i don't know how it goes on from there since this i saw on his twitter some time ago :eek:
He said that?? Well that’s good news then.
I only follow the progress from CoG forum lol. He did takes suggestion for his undecided next book there. Well finger cross for the author to continue this amazing book🤞

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
Damn, I haven't read that series in a long time. I think it was one of the first CYOA games I have played along with Creatures Such As We. It's nice to know that the author has plans to continue writing.
Yeah book 3 was the best so far. I liked book 4 and how it fleshed out Jun/ko but I was really irritated with the MC for just putting up with the crazy ronin's s**t. Like where the hell is my stoic samurai, they just get pushed around by Jun/ko 😣
Back to Samurai of Hyuga, book 4 was definitely more gory compared to the other 3 books. I think it's partly because Jun/ko was more involved in the story. A very violent individual, that one.

RamHina

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Ahhh, I found my people.

I haven't finished Book 4, I keep on procrastinating and just reading other books. I dunno, I just don't want to be left on a cliffhanger *COUGH* book 3 *COUGH*. So I might just wait for the next installment before finishing book 4 so I could jump unto the next part of the story instead of waiting for years for SoH 5 with my soul shriveled up inside.

Jun/ko's a love and hate character for me. I love her backstory and how she was build up as this super intimidating character that you either want to run away from or just straight up murder. But I hate how I am forced (as the player) to be drawn to Jun/ko. Like I built my boi to have loved her but now he hates her but for some reason the game just decided that mah boi still loves her. I rest my case.

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Ahhh, I found my people.

I haven't finished Book 4, I keep on procrastinating and just reading other books. I dunno, I just don't want to be left on a cliffhanger *COUGH* book 3 *COUGH*. So I might just wait for the next installment before finishing book 4 so I could jump unto the next part of the story instead of waiting for years for SoH 5 with my soul shriveled up inside.

Jun/ko's a love and hate character for me. I love her backstory and how she was build up as this super intimidating character that you either want to run away from or just straight up murder. But I hate how I am forced (as the player) to be drawn to Jun/ko. Like I built my boi to have loved her but now he hates her but for some reason the game just decided that mah boi still loves her. I rest my case.
Well said 👏