💬 Review Night in the Woods

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,554 happy users since 2014.
Register

frenchfry02

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Night in the Woods

i think the best way to start the review is by saying night in the woods is NOT a game you can download and play on your phone, but it is available on switch and other systems and its a game i highly recommend. night in the woods is an indie game developed by infinite fall, designed by alec holowk, animated by scott benson, and published by finji.

Review:
without going too much into the plot and not wanting to accidently spoil anything, night in the woods has honestly been one of my favorite games to play. its easy to get lost in it, visiting with the side characters and interacting with them before continuing with the main story, getting lost in the graphics and the back story, and not to mention i thought the characters were well done and it was animated greatly. night in the woods not only has LGBT representation, but does a great job portraying different mental health problems like bipolar disorder (pretty sure the character greg had bpd but it was a long time since i last played) and dissociation (a problem the main character may faced). a clear lesson the game shows at the very end is that everything is inevitable, and there is no point in worrying and becoming self absorbed in it. night in the woods also has different character roots between two of the main characters associates, the best friend and the ex friend but still is a friend (its complicated) and it took me about 16 hours to play the first time. i didnt have any complaints with the game that i can remember, i honestly believe they portrayed each character and their issues well. their personalities were different, troupes in games/stories you may have seen before but there was something refreshing about all of them, and each had their own issues. in a way, the game is very realistic and in certain times i found it relatable. i highly recommend!

Would you recommend this to other users? again, i say i highly recommend! the story was interesting throughout and its easy to get lost in the meanings behind everything.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐