Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Nightmare's Corner

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"BOOOOO!!"
Did i Scare ya?
Alright guys i think we can all agree thats everyone need a good old 'nightmare' dose every once a while.
So here in this thread, you can give your best Creepy/Horror stories. Be it Urban Legends, Creepypastas or even YOUR own personal Experience.
Soo~ without future a do here My story.
This was one of the old Sailor Urban Legend from Indonesia that came from late time of Dutch Colonial era. This was the story of Man of Medan also known as the Ourang Medan.
An American ship received an SOS that says "send help all crew dead, captain maybe dead" and the receiver asked: where and how? Only to get the chilling response "I die".
Upon locating and boarding the SS Ourang Medan, they found the crew dead with faces contorted in fear, even the dog was dead, and they were scattered as if they were trying to escape something.
They tried to go deeper and found the captain also dead along with the messenger slumpped on the morse device with their last terrified visage.
Despite it being tropical hot outside the boat, the US rescue crew felt ice cold inside the Ourang Medan. Refusing to investigate further they decided to tow the ship to port, only for the ship to mysteriously catch on fire and sank beneath the sea. Spooking the US crew enough to spread the legend of the Ourang Medan
PS : Iforgot to add, when the US rescue crew found bodies, they were surprised to find no evidence of physical suffering inflicted upon them. All the crew mysteriously dropped dead while trying to escape something. It's also the reason why the US sailors refused to stay on the Ourang Medan any longer.

Last edited:

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Yes, this Ourang Medan story is legit as stories/myths/legends goes.
Just like The Man from Taured.
I think Collin's various collection of mysteries books popularize this.

The Flying Dutchman of Asia, the bane of Popeye err just sailormen everywhere.
lol
(So, this was what your doing early in the morning ya? Haunted by the call of sirens)
:blushdroid:

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
I dont know if this one is scary enough to read but well...
This one is one of famous story in Russia to scared the heck out of Bad child who doesn't want to obey there parents order not to go outside at night or not too sleep earlier.

BABA YAGA ( Bogeyman / Old hag / Ogress / Witch )
Baba Yaga. Parents still frighten their disobedient children today with tales of this malicious old hag, who takes children to her izba (shabby wooden house), throws them into her stove, cooks, and eats them.
Originally, Baba Yaga transported people from the world of the dead to the world of the living. She was associated with ancestral heritage, as can be concluded from one of her essential features – a little hut on chicken legs.

Are you scared of water yes or no? Well i give you reason to be scared of water not by just phobia but creatures not from this world..

Vodyanoi ( Siren / Merefolk / Water Spirit / Trickster )
Vodyanoi, the spirit of the lakes, rivers, and swamps. It was thought that Vodyanoi could ascend to the sky and create new bodies of water, as well as drown people, especially girls who went swimming in the lakes after sunset. Vodyanoi takes the prettiest girls he drowns to be his wives.

That's the only 2 scary story i know

Okay about creepy pasta this one is the creepiest and most disturbing story i ever read so i would like to share it here...whether you already know it or not...

Laughing Jack
If you thought Pennywise was scary, Laughing Jack will set a whole new standard. Unlike Pennywise, who simply eats children, Laughing Jack weasels his way into their lives as an "imaginary friend," eventually eating them alive. Don't worry, though, it's not all bad. After he eats your organs, he's sure to replace them... with candy. Yum.

It was a nice summer day, my 5-year-old son James was playing outside in the backyard of our suburban home. James has always been a quiet boy, he plays by himself mostly, he never had many friends, but he has always had a wild imagination. I was in the kitchen feeding our dog Fido, when I heard what sounded like James talking to someone in the backyard. I’m not sure who it was he could be talking to, could he have finally made a friend? Being a single mom it’s hard for me to always keep an eye on my son, so I decided to go outside and check on him.

When I went into the backyard I was a bit confused, because James was the only person back there. Was he talking to himself? I could have sworn I heard another voice. “James! It’s time to come inside.” I called out to him. He came inside and sat down at the kitchen table, it was about lunchtime so I decided to make him a turkey sandwich. “James. Who were you talking to out there?” I asked. James looked up for a moment, “I was playing with my new friend,” he said smiling. I poured him some milk and continued to pry, as any good mother would. “Does your friend have a name? Why didn’t you ask him to have lunch with us?” I asked. James stared at me for a moment before replying, “His name is Laughing Jack.” I was a bit taken back by what he had said. “Oh? That’s a strange name. What does your friend look like?” I asked a bit confused. “He’s a clown. He has long hair and a big swirly cone nose. He’s got long arms and baggy pants, with stripy socks, and he always smiles.” I realized my son was talking about an imaginary friend. I suppose it is normal for kids his age to have imaginary friends, especially when he has no real kids to play with. It’s probably just a phase.

The rest of the day went by as per usual, and it was starting to get late so I put James to bed. I tucked him in, gave him a kiss, and made sure to turn on his nightlight before I closed the door. I was pretty tired myself so I decided to go to bed not long after. I had an awful nightmare…

It was dark. I was in some kind of rundown amusement park. I was scared, running through an endless field of empty tents, broken down rides, and abandoned game huts. The whole place had a horrible look to it. Everything was black and white, the prize stuffed animals all hung from nooses in the game huts, all with sick grins stitched on their faces. It felt like the whole park was looking at me, even though there wasn’t another living thing in sight. Then suddenly, I began to hear music play. The sounds of Pop Goes the Weasel being played on a squeezebox echoed through the park, it was hypnotizing. I followed its tune to the circus tent almost in a trance, unable to stop my legs from moving forward. It was pitch black, the only light came from a single spotlight shining on the center of the big top. As I walked toward the light the music slowed down, I found myself singing along unable to stop.

“All around the mulberry bush

The monkey chased the weasel

The monkey though twas all in fun…”

The music stopped right before its climax, and suddenly the lights shot on. The intensity of the lights was practically blinding, all I could see was a small dark silhouette shuffle towards me. Then another one appeared, and another, and another. There were dozens of them, all coming toward me. I couldn’t move, my legs were frozen, all I could do was watch as the haunting figures drew nearer. As they got closer I could see… THEY WERE CHILDREN! As I looked at each one I noticed they were all horribly disfigured and mutilated. Some had cuts all over their body, others were severely burnt, and others were missing limbs, even eyes! The children enveloped me, clawing at my flesh, dragging me to the ground, and tearing inside me. As the children tore me apart and I faded away, all I could hear was laughter, horrible, awful, evil, laughter.

I woke up the next morning in a cold sweat. After taking a few deep breaths I looked over and saw that a few of James’ action figures were positioned facing me on top of my nightstand. I sighed, James had probably woken up early and put these here. I gathered up the toys and made my way to James’ room, however when I opened the door James was sound asleep. I just shrugged and placed the toys back into his toy box, and headed out to the living room. A little while later James woke up and I made him his breakfast. He was quiet and seemed a bit groggy, perhaps he didn’t sleep well either. I decided to ask him about the toys, “James honey, did you put the toys in mommy’s room this morning?” His eyes shot up at me for a moment then quickly glanced back down at his cereal. “Laughing Jack did it.” I rolled my eyes and responded, “Well you tell ‘Laughing Jack’ to keep the toys in your room.” James nodded and finished up his breakfast, then decided to go play out in the back yard.

I went to relax in the living room and I must have dozed off, because I woke up a couple hours later. “s**t! I need to check on James.” I was a bit worried, it had been over 2 hours and I haven’t checked on him. I went stepped out into the backyard, but James wasn’t there anymore. I was getting nervous so I called out to him, “JAMES! JAMES WHERE ARE YOU?!” Just then I heard a giggle come from the front yard. I rushed through the gate around to the front of the house. James was sitting on the sidewalk. I breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to him, “James how many times have I told you to stay in the backya… James, what are you eating?” James looked up at me then reached into his pocket and pulled out a hand full of hard candies in all colors. This made me very nervous, “James, who gave you that candy?” James just stared at me not speaking. “JAMES! Please, tell mommy where you got that candy.” James hung his head down and said “Laughing Jack gave it to me.” My heart sunk, I kneeled down to look him in the eye, “ James I’ve had had enough of this damn Laughing Jack thing, HE IS NOT REAL! Now this is a very serious situation and I need to know who gave you the candy!” I could see my son’s eyes tear up, “But mama, Laughing Jack DID give me the candy.” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, James has never lied to me but what he’s telling me is impossible. I make him spit out the candy and I throw the rest away, James appears to be fine. Maybe I’m just overreacting after all he could have gotten it from Tom and Linda from next door, or Mr. Walker down the street. Either way I’m going to have to keep a closer eye on James. That night I put James to bed as usual, and decided to go to bed early myself.

The next day James stayed inside, I didn’t want him to leave my sight. I went into the garage and found his old baby monitor and set it up in his room, if anything comes into his room tonight, I was going to be able to hear it. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the largest knife from the drawer and put it on my nightstand. Imaginary friend or not, I’m not letting anything hurt my little boy.
Soon enough night came. I put James to bed, he was afraid, but I promised him that I wasn’t going to let anything happen to him. I tucked him in, gave him a kiss, and turned on the nightlight. Before closing the door I whispered to him “Goodnight James, I love you.”
I tried to stay up as long as I could, but after a few hours I felt myself drifting off. My baby would be safe for the night and I needed to sleep. Just as I lay my head on the pillow I heard a soft noise come form the baby monitor I had put on my nightstand. At first it sounded like interference, like the kind a radio would make. Then it turned into a soft moan. Was James asleep? Then I heard it, the laugh from my nightmare, that horrible laugh. I sprung up from bed and grabbed the knife from under my pillow. I rushed over to James’ room and creaked the door open. I tried the light switch but it wouldn’t come on. I took a step in and I could feel the warm thick liquid on my feet. Suddenly James’ nightlight came on and I could see the absolute horror laid out in front of me.

James’ body was nailed up on the wall, the nails piercing through his hands and feet. His chest was cut wide open and his organs hung down to the floor. His eyes and tongue had been removed along with most of his teeth. I was disgusted, I could hardly believe this was my baby boy. Then I heard it again, the soft desperate moan. JAMES WAS STILL ALIVE! My baby, my poor baby, in so much pain barely clinging to life. I ran across the room and vomited on the floor, but my sickness was interrupted by a horrible cackle coming from behind me. I spun around while still wiping bile from my mouth, then out of the shadows emerged the fiend responsible for all this horror, Laughing Jack. His ghost white skin and matted black hair hung down to his shoulders. He had piercing white eyes surrounded by dark black rings. His twisted smile revealed a row of sharp jagged teeth, and his skin didn’t look like skin at all, it almost looked like rubber or plastic. He wore a patchy, black and white clown outfit with striped sleeved and socks. His body itself was grotesque, his long arms hanging down past his waist and the way he was poised made him look almost boneless, like a ragdoll. He let out a sickening laugh as if to let me know he was pleased with my reaction to his ‘work’. He then turned around slowly in front of James and began to laugh even more at the horrific sight he has laid out. That was enough to shake me from my terror, I snapped, “GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU BASTARD!” I rushed at the monster raising the knife above my head, and stabbed down at him, but as soon as the knife touched him he disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. The knife passed right through and pierced James’ still beating heart, splashing the warm blood on my face….

No… what have I done? My baby, I killed my baby! I immediately fell to my knees, and I could hear sirens in the distance growing louder… My boy, my sweet baby boy… I promised mommy would protect you… But I failed… I’m sorry James… I’m so sorry…
Police soon arrived to find me in front of my son, still wielding the knife covered in my baby’s blood. The trial was short, insanity. I was placed in the Phiropoulos House for the Criminally Insane, where I have been for the past 2 months. Its not so bad here, the only reason I’m awake now is because someone is playing Pop Goes the Weasel outside my window… I’ll talk to the orderlies about it in the morning…

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
@KhanTipaS
Hey! Baba Yaga is..Keanu err you know???
The movie even got Part 2 (I prefer the sequel, more of everything)
lol
Yep, nice folklores of North-Eastern Europe. The Witcher series popularize many too.

psst..March 2018 movie..Gogol Viy
View attachment 6089
I like that game The Witcher especially the wild hunt

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
You know Baba Yaga give me a shiver. I mean she basically the classic representation of Old Witch. Like the one in Hansel and Grater (thought i must asking : why chicken leg hut?....just why Baba?).
Ps: I remember in one tale if Baba Yaga invite you to dinner and you manage to trick/convice/impress Baba yaga to not to eat you, She will give you Knowladge....or a Pie Recipes.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
I like that game The Witcher especially the wild hunt
Witcher 1 got Strigoi, Dryads and what else?
I know Witcher 3 got Rusalki from that nice FMV ubiquitous all over.

Baba Yaga, first time I came across this lore is from Richard Garfield.
Wizard of the Coast. Magic the Gathering early 90s.
Those days, just one image and few words on a card..could do Magic on minds.
Serra Angels, Sengir Vampires, Aswan Jaguars, The Ice Age, Planeswalker's War of the Battlemage etc
Even Sid Meier aided in that Great PC game on the world of Shandalar.
oooh im flying on a magic carpet now..wheee

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
You know Baba Yaga give me a shiver. I mean she basically the classic representation of Old Witch. Like the one in Hansel and Grater (thought i must asking : why chicken leg hut?....just why Baba?).
Ps: I remember in one tale if Baba Yaga invite you to dinner and you manage to trick/convice/impress Baba yaga to not to eat you, She will give you Knowladge....or a Pie Recipes.
When the ancient Slavs buried the dead, they would place them in small houses on high stumps, which indeed resembled chicken legs. Thus, it can be said that Baba Yaga lived in the refuge of the dead. As a custodian of ancestral heritage, she would conduct rituals initiating boys into warriors. This ritual required heavy physical trials and corporal punishment, which is why in the old days both boys and their mothers were afraid of Baba Yaga. Yet it was after this ritual that boys became men.
In Russian fairytales young boys meet Baba Yaga when out looking for their kidnapped brides and if they avoid death and pass all the witch’s tests, she gives them wise advice on how to find their missing loved ones. Baba Yaga became a witch and ogress only with the advent of Christianity, which aspired to remove the positive image of the ancient patroness of birth from the consciousness of the Slavs.

The first element, baba, is transparently a babble word. In OldRussian, baba may mean 'midwife', 'sorceress', or 'fortune teller'. In modern Russian, the word бабушка babushka (meaning'grandmother')

Icantthinkofgoodname

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
A man had three daughters who were all married to trolls. The man went to visit one daughter, and she wished for beef broth for the meal and asked her father to get some. Instead, her troll husband simply rammed his head into a spike in the wall, and soon they had broth enough to eat. The troll even gave him a sack full of money and sent him on his way. The man left the sack lying on the ground, because he wished to hurry home to see if his pregnant cow had yet given birth. His wife told him it had not, and went back with him to get the money, but it was taken by a thief, and she was quite upset with him. He told her he had learned his lesson, though, and that the money wasn’t important. Next, he went to visit another one of his daughters, and they needed light to see. The troll said candles were unnecessary and simply stuck his hand in the fire, giving them all the light they needed. This troll gave him two bags of money, and he lost them the same way as the first. His wife was frustrated, but once again he said he had learned his lesson. He then went to see his third daughter, and they wished for fish to eat. Her troll husband had them row out to the lake, and once his wife said his eyes looked green, he went into the water and came out with a multitude of fish. He gave his father-in-law three bags of money, which he lost foolishly in the same manner. Once again, he claimed he had learned a valuable lesson. Not long after, the man was with his wife at home and they needed broth, so he tried to jam his head on a spike. Unfortunately, this failed to produce any broth, and he was miserable for a while afterward due to his self-inflicted injury. Soon they needed light to see, and instead of candles, he burned himself sticking his hand in the fire, attempting to replicate what the troll had done. Eventually, they needed food, and his wife wished for fresh fish to eat. He wanted to show her he could be a good provider without buying food, and thus asked her to come with him in a boat to get the fish. They rowed out to the lake, and he asked her if his eyes were green, and she said no. Eventually, he simply convinced her to tell him his eyes looked green, although they did not. Imitating the troll, he went into the water to scoop up the fish, and he never surfaced again.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Soo...the Man was 'trolled' by the Trolls
His "own" foolishness.
Inability to appreciate what had been given and unwilling to observe what will be shown..in a mirror.
His wife though, ran out of patience and love.
An eternal abyss that are Greed and Envy. Blight to Humanity.
He finally got a "release" from his torment. His wife will strive alone onwards. Forgetting the companionship, albeit of trivial yet vital one.

Ole folklores are always a lesson of Life.
<3

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
My great Grandmother (who had Dementia and was Schizophrenic) used to tell my siblings and I this story in Greek about a creature that came after children. However, the gods decided that he had too much power, so they limited his actions to only control inanimate objects. At night, as children slept, he'd go and bring all the toys that were left out to life to mess with the children in their sleep. Anytime one of us would wake up with a bug bite or something she'd tell us it was from our toys biting us in our sleep.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Alright guys this Urban Legend is very popular in Indonesian.
and it still scare me even now.
No seriously you can ask any Indonesian in this site and they will tell you about this BoogeyWoman of Indonesian.

This is The story of Wewe Gombel...
Wewe Gombel is an Indonesian ghost who likes to kidnap children who are abandoned or neglected by their parents. In indonesia, parents warn children not to stay out late at night or Wewe Gombel will get them.
Wewe Gombel is an evil spirit from Indonesia. She is a wrinkled old lady with a mouth full of fangs and large pendulous breasts that hang down to her knees. Those who have seen her say they look like giant papaya fruits.
Long ago, there was a married couple who lived in Indonesia. They loved each other and wanted to have a child together. However, as time went by, the husband came to realize that his wife was unable to have babies. He grew restless and neglected his wife. She was left alone for long periods of time and lived a miserable existence, filled with pain and sorrow.
One day, she followed her husband and caught him in the arms of another woman. She was so hurt and shamed by his betrayal that she suddenly flew into a violent rage and murdered him. When her neighbors discovered her terrible crime, they gathered an angry mob and chased her away from the village. They ostracized the woman and kept harassing her to the point where she was driven into despair and committed suicide.
After her death, she returned from the grave as an evil spirit they call Wewe Gombel. She began kidnapping children and bringing them back to her lair to keep her company. However, they say she does not harm the kids and she only abducts those who have been mistreated or neglected by their parents.
She treats the children lovingly, just like a grandmother would, taking care of them and protecting them. However, she forces them to suckle on her wrinkled breasts, no matter what age they are. Also, she feeds them human poop, which she fools them into eating by making it look like food. Not only that, but she smears mud all over their bodies and makes them think she has dressed them in expensive clothes.
If you don’t eat what Wewe Gombel gives you, she will hold your nose and shove it down your throat.
Wewe Gombel keeps the children in order to scare their parents and make them realize what they have done. As soon as the neglectful parents are sorry for the way they treated their children, she will return the kids unharmed.
Now a lot of you who still dont believe this gonna likes this.
You see the "kidnaped by Wewe incident" is a preatty common in this Country. Usually the kids that lost will be found hanged (alive mind you) in Bamboo trees in the morning. Usually crying and confuse. Thats why parents in Indonesia always want their kids to go home before sunset. Because maybe....maybe. well you got the point *shrug*

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
LOL
:loldroid:

Never even in my wildest dream to think of coming across this story of Wewe Gombel here. In English to boot!

The Lady with VERY well-endowed assets.

Tuyul/Tuyol, Genderuwo, Kuntilanak/Puntianak/Kuyang/Sundel Bolong, Blorong, Buto Ijo etc etc
:shockedroid:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Here's another Greek one:

The White Tower by the sea front is the emblem of the City. Search no further for the Red Tower , they are the same building. According to the legend, during the age when the building was used as a prison, the Tower’s walls were soaked with the blood of tortured prisoners. After being decommissioned as a jail, the whole building had to be whitewashed with asbestos paint in order to erase the marks of its gruesome past. Hence, the “White Tower” of today.

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Well, what comes to mind is one story that was really known when my dad was growing up and he told me about it years ago.

So my dad grew up in a very small town, in this place there was a small lake where a lot of people drowned over the years, not just kids but men and women as well and most of the time they drown at night. And whats weird is that they didn't leave their homes to go swimming or to go near the water they were just visitting friends or coming back from work and they are fully clothed when they die. So this myth started maaany years ago when some people swore that when they passed this lake at night they heared a woman's voice calling for them to come play or swim with her, so they called this "The caller" and they believed it was a spirit or a jinn/demon [the islamic presentation as it's an islamic country] that lived in the lake and called for people to go to it so it can kill them, and some old people that still live to this day swear they heard the voice more than once but they knew what it was and that's why they never went towards it. Nowadays of course young people don't believe this but still, you find them avoiding going near this lake at night for any reason.

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
The Harrowing Mystery Of The Dyatlov Pass Incident

In January 1959, nine Soviet college students were killed under mysterious circumstances while hiking through the Ural Mountains in what's now known as the Dyatlov Pass incident.

===============================================================
On Jan. 31, 1959, 23-year-old ski hiker Igor Alekseievich Dyatlov and his team of eight experienced ski hikers from the Ural Polytechnical Institute embarked on a journey to reach the peak of Otorten, a mountain in the Northern Urals.None of the hikers were ever seen alive again.
From what was recovered from cameras and diaries recovered from the site of their deaths, investigators were able to piece together that on February 1st, the hiking team began to make their way through the then-unnamed pass leading to Otorten.

As they pushed through the hostile, cold climate towards the base of the mountain, they were hit with snowstorms that ripped through the narrow pass. Decreasing visibility caused the team to lose their sense of direction, and rather than moving towards Otorten, they accidentally deviated their course west and found themselves on the slope near the top of a nearby mountain.
This mountain is known as Kholat Syakhl, meaning “Dead Mountain” in the language of the indigenous Mansi people of the region.
In order to not lose the altitude they had gained, or because the team wanted to practice camping on a mountain slope before their ascent of Otorten, Dyatlov called for camp to made there.
It was on this solitary mountainside that all nine hikers would meet their end.
Before he had embarked on this journey, Dyatlov had told his sports club that he and his team would send them a telegram as soon as they returned from the hike. However, when January 26th rolled around, and there was no communication from the ski hikers, a search party was mounted.

================================================================
Last known photo of the nine students alive taken at the camp on Kholat Syakhl.

After the volunteer force found the campsite, army, and police investigators were sent in to determine what had happened to the students.
When they arrived on the mountain, investigators intended to find a simple scene. Though these students were experienced hikers, the route they were taking was difficult, and accidents on tricky mountain trails are not unheard of.
However, what the investigators found would only raise more questions as to the nature of the events that killed these nine students, and would open a mystery that continues to today.
When they arrived at the scene of the camp, the first thing the investigators noticed was that the tent was cut open from the inside, and all the team’s belongings and most of their shoes were left there.

A view of the tent as the rescuers found it on Feb. 26, 1959.

They then discovered eight or nine sets of footprints from the team, many of them clearly made by people with either nothing, socks, or a single shoe on their feet.
These tracks led to the edge of the nearby woods, almost a mile away from the camp.
At the forest’s edge, under a large cedar, the investigators discovered the remains of a small fire that the hikers appeared to have built. Around the fire were the first two bodies they found, that of Yuri Krivonischenko, 23, and Yuri Doroshenko, 21. Despite temperatures of −13 to −22°F on the night of their deaths, both men’s bodies were found shoeless and wearing only their underwear.

The bodies of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko.

They then found the next three bodies, those of Dyatlov, Zinaida Kolmogorova, 24, and Rustem Slobodin, 23, who died on their way back to the camp from the cedar tree.

Top to bottom: The bodies of Dyatlov, Kolmogorova, and Slobodin.

While these deaths were odd, they were far from inexplicable. All the students had clearly died of hypothermia, with no indication of severe external damage. It was not until the other four bodies were found two months later that the mystery deepened.
They were found in a ravine 75 meters deeper into the woods than the cedar with significantly different causes of death.
Three of the ski hikers had fatal injuries, including Nicolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, 23, who had significant skull damage and Lyudmila Dubinina, 20, and Semyon Zolotaryov, 38, had major chest fractures that could only have been caused by an immense force, comparable to that of a car crash.

In the most gruesome part of the Dyatlov pass incident, Dubnina was missing her tongue, eyes, part of the lips, as well as facial tissue and a fragment of her skull bone.

The body of Dubinina on her knees, with her face and chest pressed to the rock.

They also found the body of Alexander Kolevatov, 24, in the same location but without the severe wounds.
There was evidence that the hikers used the clothes of the people who died first. Dubinina’s foot was found wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko’s wool pants, and then, in turn, Zolotaryov was found in Dubinina’s faux fur coat and hravine

The bodies of Kolevatov, Zolotoryov, and Thibeaux-Brignolles in the ravine.

These mysterious circumstances of the Dyatlov pass incident begged for an explanation, and many have been put forward. Early on, many Soviets suspected that their death was the result of an attack by the local Mansi tribesmen, but the Masi people were largely peaceful, and there was no evidence of the type of attacks they would use on the bodies.
Early on, the investigators of the Dyatlov pass incident also suspected that the hikers may have been killed by an avalanche, to account for the intense blunt force trauma to some of the dead. However, it was highly unlikely that the experienced ski team would have made camp in an area where an avalanche could occur.
Also, when investigators found the bodies there was no evidence that an avalanche had occurred anytime recently in the region, and no avalanches have been recorded at that site before or since.
Other investigators began to test the theory that the deaths were the result of some argument among the group that got out of hand, possibly related to a romantic encounter that may explain some of the lack of clothes. However, people who knew the ski group said they were largely harmonious. The skiers also wouldn’t have been able to cause the massive injuries on some of the dead.

Memorial erected for the students.

As the cause of death remained a mystery, other, more out there, theories began to crop up. People began to say that the hikers were killed by a Menk, a sort of Russian yeti, to account for the immense force and power necessary to cause the injuries to three of the students.
Reports of slight radiation on the bodies led to theories that the students had been killed by some secret, radioactive weapon. Though the radiation was largely discounted as the cause of death because a radioactive weapon would have elevated radiation to much much higher levels, it is possible that the ski hiking team was unfortunate enough to encounter a testing of some USSR concussive weapon.
This explanation would match with testimony from another hiking group, who were camped out 50 km from the Dyatlov encampment. This group spoke of strange orange orbs floating in the sky moving towards Kholat Syakhl. This testimony was also corroborated by reports from the weather service and aclosed

Orbs In the sky

Lev Ivanov, the chief investigator of the Dyatlov Pass incident, said, “I suspected at the time and am almost sure now that these bright flying spheres had a direct connection to the group’s death” when he was interviewed by a small Kazakh newspaper in 1990.
Censorship and secrecy in the USSR forced him to abandon this path of inquiry. In the end, the deaths of these students was officially attributed to “a compelling natural force,” and the Dyatlov pass case was closed

As of now, what happened on that fateful night on Kholat Syakhl is still unknown, and these strange deaths continue to baffle and confuse investigators to this day. The pass that this incident took place in was named Dyatlov Pass in commemoration of this mysterious event.