No more forced replies/likes to unlock download links

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,960 happy users since 2014.
Register

WicCaesar

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I suggested this a long time ago and was shunned. Then I saw you had to unlock content in order to simply reply to threads, so no way of asking questions etc. I'm very happy you reconsidered and hope the forums become more of a place to talk. :-D

Arch9SK7

UngodlyQueen
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 5 years
If you spent a few more seconds reading the first post, you would've found out that this is applied only to new threads from now on. The thread you linked was released yesterday, when this wasn't introduced yet.
Post automatically merged:

Reason? Getting honest and not bot-like feedbacks should be something good for everyone.
Won't because now people don't have a reason to leave likes or replies

Which basically could leave threads look like they are dead two new people that find the threads we make.

At least if people were able to leave likes and replies even forcefully it shows how popular certain mods are and what's new on lookers see that is not a dead thread. 🙂

Sorry I just personally don't like this change for the reasons mentioned above.

This now let's lurkers lurk even worse than before.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years

Which basically could leave threads look like they are dead two new people that find the threads we make.

At least if people were able to leave likes and replies even forcefully it shows how popular certain mods are and what's new on lookers see that is not a dead thread. 🙂

I see your point, but not because no one is forced to Like & reply, means no one will.
Also the poll(s) could prove that the thread is alive and well; We do get some SB Points by voting on polls, so people will still be active at that.

Arch9SK7

UngodlyQueen
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 5 years
I see your point, but not because no one is forced to Like & reply, means no one will.
Also the poll(s) could prove that the thread is alive and well; We do get some SB Points by voting on polls, so people will still be active at that.
Barely...
My last two posts of mods got over 70 likes each but less than 15 in the polls for both....

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Barely...
My last two posts of mods got over 70 likes each but less than 15 in the polls for both....
I can't argue with your personal experience. That's odd considering everybody want and need SB Points.

Maybe add an unlock count that showed how many times it unlocked instead
Ohh~ Or a download count.

Arch9SK7

UngodlyQueen
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 5 years
I can't argue with your personal experience. That's odd considering everybody want and need SB Points.

Ohh~ Or a download count.
See I don't think anybody really knows that you get SP cash 4 using the poll heck even I didn't know till you mentioned that...

Mark A

Member for 6 years
See I don't think anybody really knows that you get SP cash 4 using the poll heck even I didn't know till you mentioned that...
My confidence dropped, I did said earlier that people would still be active at poll votes;
It would seem that my idea of "active" isn't in par with reality.
@Pantomime 's idea isn't bad. (About a counter.)
I'll take a break for now and watch in the sidelines, see how the other members would act/re-act to this change.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

While it might be partially true, as you can read from previous answers, there will be people who will still thank the authors for their mods, but not because they're forced to, but because they're truly grateful. It might look good to see a forum full of posts, and I'm sure in the future we'll grow up even more so that even non-forced replies will be a lot more than the previous bot-like/forced replies, so this should be a way to encourage modders to do their best, as if we keep attracting people, we'll still have a horde of grateful and respectful users who won't mind writing a sincere thank you or leaving a honest feedback 🙂

Hope my answer clears your doubts about this change. If not, please feel free to reply again 🙂

I still might end up adding a download counter if you wish to and if you think it'd help showing how popular your releases are. I didn't yet because I wanted to save additional load to the server and because I don't think we need to show users how popular a mod is to "encourage" them to download it. If they like it, they'll download it anyways :)