NoxPlayer Picture File? Should be Movie File

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,637 happy users since 2014.
Register

nozato2020

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi there

I transfred a file from PC to Android.
That file is a Movie file as per attached.
But that one is included in Picture File as per attached.
I think that file should be included in Movie File.
However Movie File is empty as per attached.
I would like to clarify the said contadiction.

Looking forward to having your advice from anyone of you.

Attachments

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Well when you use "File assist" feature to transfer files on nox every files goes into picture folder. As your first attachment shows, it's a MP4 file (21mb) and after you transfer it to nox it goes to picture folder but that file is same MP4 file (21mb).
So default folder for file transfer on nox is /storage/emulated/0/Picture no matter what the file type is , it will go into that folder. Hope that helps :)

nozato2020

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi there

Thank you for your reply.

I got your explanation, though, what is the reason video file in File Manager?

How I transfer the file in question into video file?

PS: Do you know any tutorial about the folder transfer between PC and Nox for file manager for version 6.6.0.1?

I will wait for your answer.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Hi there

Thank you for your reply.

I got your explanation, though, what is the reason video file in File Manager?

How I transfer the file in question into video file?

PS: Do you know any tutorial about the folder transfer between PC and Nox for file manager for version 6.6.0.1?

After you move files into nox , You can simply move your files anywhere you want just like in android you do. In default something like go picture folder , tap and hold the video file you can see the move option. Just like Android you mouse pointer is like your finger.

And your question about what is the reason of video folder on file manager I guess.
Well ... If you use a Android video editor app or screen recording app , you can see some app store their videos on that video folder. Sometimes also camera stores it's video into video folder . Also as nox is a internal Android system thats why just like other Android it also has that folder.

Now your question about tutorial .
Well I don't know if there is any available but you go to nox official website maybe you find some. And about folder transferring , you simply use "file assist" and drag n drop your desire folder. Then you can find that folder into the picture folder on file manager. There is also a alternative way to transfer folders and files but it's kinda difficult and might not work with some nox version. So I would suggest you to stick with file assist . Hope this helps :)

nozato2020

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi there

>the video file you can see the move option.
How can I transfer into video file there from there as per attached?

>>Tutorial
I have been asking Nox of this matter as follows
Please refer to the following tutorial.

How to share/copy files between Nox App Player and your computer – NoxPlayer

However,this one is out of date. My version is 6.6.0.1.
Please show me a tutorial for my version.
Besides I will appreciate it if you show me any tutorial video on the above.
Unquote

Nox insists on me as follows.

As far as File manager is concerned, Google is responsible for since that one is
standard file manager mounted into Android

Do you know any tutorial standard file manager mounted into Android?
If you know, how to get it.

Attachments

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I am little confused there on which tutorial you need actually 😅
How to move your files between your computer and nox ?
=> Simply click on "File assist" (I modified your image to show you). Then you will see two options like "Android folder" and "Computer folder" . To transfer from pc to nox , just click on computer folder . It will open a folder on windows explorer . Just drag and drop any files you want to transfer on that folder. Now open the Android folder and the folder contains your transfered files will open in nox (On default it is /Android/emulated/0/Pictures).

And now to move files between folders on nox ?
=> You can install ES File Explorer (Personally I use v4.2.0.3.4). Now you can go to that pictures folder and tap and hold that video file and you will see the move and cut options.

For video tutorial I think the convenient option is searching on YouTube. Sorry I forgot to mention earlier. Hopefully that helps :)

Attachments

Last edited:

nozato2020

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi Govrou

>>How to move your files between your computer and nox ?
It seems a little different between my version and yours.
To make sure, I attach the image for your reference
Is my image right?

>>And now to move files between folders on nox ?
Seems Nox does not have such a kind of future.
Therefore, users have no choice but to install a third-party app like ES File Explorer.
However, this app is notorious for users.
Do you know any alternative one?

>>video tutorial
Please give me any video as far as you know.
I will wait for your further response.

Attachments

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Hi Govrou

>>How to move your files between your computer and nox ?
It seems a little different between my version and yours.
To make sure, I attach the image for your reference
Is my image right?

>>And now to move files between folders on nox ?
Seems Nox does not have such a kind of future.
Therefore, users have no choice but to install a third-party app like ES File Explorer.
However, this app is notorious for users.
Do you know any alternative one?

>>video tutorial
Please give me any video as far as you know.
I will wait for your further response.
Yeah as like I said Open Pc folder is like computer folder and there is also Android folder. Just click on pc folder and and it will open a folder. You need to just drag n drop/copy your files into that folder.

About Third party file explorer. I used my own modified file explorer from the beginning. I think you should search around on Google play store.

About video tutorial. Man sorry I don't know any video related on this . All those tutorials are pretty outdated. I can share a tutorial but I don't know how to do screen record on computer. Let's see if I find a way to screen record then I will show. Or else I will provide some screenshots. :)

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Here is the video . Hope it helps. Sorry my Nox is 6.5.0.3 :)

Attachments

nozato2020

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi Govrou

Thank you for your reply. I watched your video.
I realized that you never used the file manager from Nox.
Instead, you used ES File Explorer.

You gave up using the file manager, default since that one
seems to be difficult for you.

Under the circumstance, you cannot answer even if you are asked about file manager, right.
However, I will appreciate it if you answer me back.
Because I think about whether I take the third party app instead of file manager, default.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years

Hi Govrou

Thank you for your reply. I watched your video.
I realized that you never used the file manager from Nox.
Instead, you used ES File Explorer.

You gave up using the file manager, default since that one
seems to be difficult for you.

Under the circumstance, you cannot answer even if you are asked about file manager, right.
However, I will appreciate it if you answer me back.
Because I think about whether I take the third party app instead of file manager, default.
It was the default file manager. If you watch it carefully when I about to paste that file you can see the file manager name (Something like "amaze") and opening directly from file assist only opens default file manager. I didn't use es file explorer. Es file explorer have different themes and more easy to use.

And about answering questions . I said I don't know any better file manager. Es file explorer is always first choice for me and after the DO Global Scandal I modified that Es file explorer as user friendly software. Anyway I am tagging some friends here , maybe they know something good.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
@nozato2020 If you are still looking for a solution, I will upload a video to help you without by using the same file manager as you use. Its pretty easy actually. I am currently a bit busy but I will get back to you soon with a video explaining all your concerns.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
@nozato2020 If you are still looking for a solution, I will upload a video to help you without by using the same file manager as you use. Its pretty easy actually. I am currently a bit busy but I will get back to you soon with a video explaining all your concerns.
Hope that helps . I also used default Nox file manager. I don't know why he/she thinks that it's ES.

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
Can you guys help me for a bit of understanding?? What is he/she trying to do? Extracting the file out of the emulator or putting in it inside the emulator? @Gourov and @xLEGACYx 😅😅

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Hope that helps . I also used default Nox file manager. I don't know why he/she thinks that it's ES.
The reason of the misunderstanding is due to the difference in NOX OS of both of you. Your video consisted of NOX running Android 7 while his NOX was running Android 5. Both these OSs have different file managers as far as I can tell.
Post automatically merged:

Can you guys help me for a bit of understanding?? What is he/she trying to do? Extracting the file out of the emulator or putting in it inside the emulator? @Gourov and @xLEGACYx 😅😅
  • Why is my mp4 file showing up in "Pictures" folder, shouldnt it be in videos folder or something?
  • How do I copy/move folders using File Manager that comes built in with NOX?
  • Do I have no other option but to use a third party file manager such as ES File Explorer.

Anyways heres a video I made which hopefully clears all your problems. Its a bad video with alot of glitches and grammer mistakes but whatever.

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
  • Why is my mp4 file showing up in "Pictures" folder, shouldnt it be in videos folder or something?
  • Do I have no other option but to use a third party file manager such as ES File Explorer.
Thanks luv :giggle::giggle:

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
The reason of the misunderstanding is due to the difference in NOX OS of both of you. Your video consisted of NOX running Android 7 while his NOX was running Android 5. Both these OSs have different file managers as far as I can tell.

Anyways heres a video I made which hopefully clears all your problems. Its a bad video with alot of glitches and grammer mistakes but whatever.
Oh ... Now I understand 😅 I also have Android 5 but I feel comfortable on Android 7 thats why 😅 Thanks a lot.

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
Hmm, thanks for the video @xLEGACYx love it :love::love:

hey! @nozato2020
mine is different kind of way... and I am using the same as yours Android 5 right?
number10.png

so this is what I did : )
STEP 1
number1.png

STEP 2
select it
number2point0.png

STEP 3

go back, click the two dots aboved then go to movies
number3.png

STEP 4

click the three dots at the bottom
number 4.png

STEP 5

Click Move selection here
number5.png

STEP 6

wait it out...
number6.png

and.. DONE!!
number7.png

number8.png

number9.png

i hope it works... :D
because that's how i do it..
but feel free to correct me if i am wrong!!

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
@Obber Nice one, the tutorial is crystal clear and I hope that @nozato2020 is finally able to clear all of his concerns.

I mean literally 3 guys reached out to help you with their tutorials lol

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
thanks and.. I hope so too @xLEGACYx , at first I was pretty much confused, but after reading it a bunch of times I started to get it. (thank you for answering my question btw:giggle::giggle:)