Odd Foods

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,469 happy users since 2014.
Register

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Ive had weird foods lots 🙈 mostly on dares and well indians tend to eat stuff others dont ..Ive had rattlesnake once on a dare 😝(never again) and A sort of lizard also ( dont know the name of it but there's lots of superstition surrounding this animal , I spit out the food when I was told what it was gaaah! ) Indian foods that seem weird are Tripe , trotters , sheephead ( dont like it at all) chicken feet when cooked as a curry with cornish chicken pieces .. Ive also had snails drenched in garlic butter ( not too bad but something I'd not eat often )

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I've.....never really eat a lot of odd foods in my still short life, i probably just usual things like, Cows tongue, Cow's tail soup, goats bone marrow, chicken's intestines and feets, and i think i try a cricket once. Yeah, one fact you should know about us Indonesians are that we hates wasting foods and always try to cook something from the scrap they got left (probably the mentality we got because 350 years of Dutch colonialism)... also for you westerner probably be things the fruit s like Durians, jackfruit, rambutan and others as oddities so that's that.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I've.....never really eat a lot of odd foods in my still short life, i probably just usual things like, Cows tongue, Cow's tail soup, goats bone marrow, chicken's intestines and feets, and i think i try a cricket once. Yeah, one fact you should know about us Indonesians are that we hates wasting foods and always try to cook something from the scrap they got left (probably the mentality we got because 350 years of Dutch colonialism)... also for you westerner probably be things the fruit s like Durians, jackfruit, rambutan and others as oddities so that's that.
Lol same with indians they dont like wasting ... 🤔 Ive never had cows tail ( its a sacred animal for most indians ) Chicken intestines and feet though are nice 😋

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
For me the main reason the food was so odd ( and life scarring) was because of what happened leading up to it. I was staying with my grandmother and she brought home a little lamb. We bottle fed it and raised it. Then Greek Orthodox Easter came around. I wasnt feeling very well so I staped inside most of the day. My grandmother brought me soup. It smelled sort of funny, but she made me try it. I asked her what kind of soup it was, and that was when she told me it was lamb gut soup (made from our pet lamb). I was so scarred by that, I'll never eat anything that remotely reminds me of lamb again.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
For me the main reason the food was so odd ( and life scarring) was because of what happened leading up to it. I was staying with my grandmother and she brought home a little lamb. We bottle fed it and raised it. Then Greek Orthodox Easter came around. I wasnt feeling very well so I staped inside most of the day. My grandmother brought me soup. It smelled sort of funny, but she made me try it. I asked her what kind of soup it was, and that was when she told me it was lamb gut soup (made from our pet lamb). I was so scarred by that, I'll never eat anything that remotely reminds me of lamb again.
Oh My god 😱😭 thats something thats so traumatic , it leaves a scar on you forever

DougnutknowU

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well in my country we are not wasting food that means even those not very know edible part is either process or cooked them to make new dish well enough of that as I am going to tell u some of the most bizarre food I ever eaten have you heard a hard-boiled 8 month old quail egg where there you can find inside a duck fetus they said if you eat 3 of BALUT everyday your legs becomes strong and can improve your stamina too the fact that the egg itself has a rather not very appetizing look but to tell you the truth it is just a look when the first time I eat it is super creamy very delicious specially that egg fetus has a ducky and none metallic taste it was the best duck egg I eaten and I will always gonna try it the broth inside of it is very tasty too if you are dieting it is good for you that egg is not just very nutritious but also full of protein.

Anayumi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I can't understand how some people find that pineapple and pizza are a good match... Is it only me? 😂

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
I thought a so called western taco was pretty weird. It was delicious. Also, cheese curds, pigs feet, and chitterlings. All great.

leebird

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
The definitive weirdest thing I've ever eaten: deep-fried roadkill-opossum testicles. (Yes, really, cross my heart - I was staying with folks in Kentucky, and well, when in Rome as they say...) Honestly? It was kinda tasty - sorta like a breaded oyster. (I'd wanted to try "Rocky Mountain Oysters" for a while which is a good part of why I was open to trying it, and it was fairly fresh roadkill, in December, so... not as gross as it initially sounds.)

But I like all sorts of "odd" food - I love liver, tripe, cow tongue, heart, and I'll dig in to some fried crickets when I can find some. Also a big fan of foraging - kousa dogwood berries, wood-sorrel, and sulfur shelf mushrooms are some of my favorites.

RamHina

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
-hard-boiled 8 month old quail egg where there you can find inside a duck fetus they said if you eat 3 of BALUT everyday your legs becomes strong and can improve your stamina too the fact that the egg itself has a rather not very appetizing look but to tell you the truth it is just a look when the first time I eat it is super creamy very delicious specially that egg fetus has a ducky and none metallic taste it was the best duck egg I eaten and I will always gonna try it the broth
I just had some of that last night! It was a good one. Definitely a staple food in our country. Not appetizing to look at but tastes really good with spicy coconut vinegar and salt.

EnchantedSweets

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
I've never had weird foods;;
I always manage to avoid them I mean does liver count? Either way it's disgusting in my opinion-

rapdevil

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well, as some have said here, I also come from a country that is not really a fan of wasting food. In Brasil we eat cow's heart, and chicken heart on the barbecue. chicken's feet, cow's tongue; pig's ears, pig's feet. And there is a dish that I really like, in the original language called "dobradinha" which in the literal translation means "double", which is basically a stew made of cow's intestines, with white beans, potatoes, carrots and (sometimes) some protein (looks weird but it's really good)

nazara

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
i suppose a stew made of hearts could be considered weird. quite a few of my friends were freaked out by it, at least. for me though it's one of my favorite things to eat ;w;

Lace33

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
The oddest food I had was eel. I know its sound gross but its delicious.