💬 Review Old Guard (2020)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,633 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Old Guard (2020)

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): The Old Guard (2020) | dubbing polski, polish language

A group of centuries-old immortals that works as mercenaries discoveres a new born immortal after hundred of years. They embark on finding the person while fighting for their freedom.

Review:
An action riddled fantasy film with pack of excitement directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood. The film revolves around Andy (played by Charlize Theron) the oldest immortal, Nicky (played by Luca Marinelli) and Joe (played by Merwan Kenzari) whom are the best gay couple since the Crusades and Booker (played by Matthias Schoenaerts) the youngest in the group from the Napoleon era.
Booker ain't the youngest anymore when they learned that there's a new immortal, Nile (played by Kiki Layne).

These immortal mercenaries who has amazing regenerating abilities (hence them being immortal) with their vast knowledge in almost everything helps the people throughout their years living. They were betrayed in their latest mission on saving kidnap kids that causes their journey for revenge. While in the middle of it, they try to cope up with their new member, Nike a Marine whom died in a mission by then found out death didn't came.

That's all I can say since anymore and I will be spoiling it. What I love the most are the actions (of course, who doesn't), their backstories because it's so cool and the best gay couple, Joe and Nicky (I love them to death). To be honest, there's some scenes that felt boring for me but the story and the romance cover it up pretty well in my opinion.

I wish they'll cover their whole backstory in the sequel (pretty sure there will be considering the ending) so I can't wait for it!

Would you recommend this to other users? Highly recommended especially for those fantasy/immortality loving people. Kids can watch if their parents are there since there will be a lot of combat. By the end of the film, you're going to be looking forward for the sequel.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐