💬 Review Old School Musical

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,723 happy users since 2014.
Register

zhaoo

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Old School Musical

Old School Musical is a retro-styled game that was released in September 2018 on Steam and on Mobile, and it was based on the nostalgia of arcade games and its bit-like music. The whole game's look was in pixels, retaining that "Old School" look. Old School Musical offers the player a good challenge in time using a rhythm game as a base.

Review:
I expected it to be a calming game, as it was quite repetitive in its sense of a rhythm game. Despite this being a steam game, I played the game on my phone. When I first started, I was really bad in getting the sense of controls because even if the layout is different on mobile than on a computer, using the up-down-left-right format, I have to keep my eyes on both the controls and the screen because I can't just "feel it out" like when i'm on the computer.
However, the scene gets repetitive because even if it is a rhythm game. In the beginning of the first round, it had me expecting the character that you're playing as (but not necessarily) to face against a huger boss, but it was always 3 chickens.
Without acknowledging my bad comments about this game, I can tell the beat was quite on top of the controls and it was easy to predict the next beat. For me, this is quite important because I am an auditory learner, especially in a musical setting. I tried playing it without sound at first and it really was not the vibe. Furthermore, the visuals were soothing, in the sense of their colour choices. I really liked how the colour balances out each other.

Would you recommend this to other users? Not quite to an extent. I'd recommend it due to the sole base of having it as a past-time game, but I wouldn't have anything to talk about it because it's just a rhythm game with up-down-right-left controls.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐