💬 Review OnePlus 7 by masterlimbe

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,954 happy users since 2014.
Register

masterlimbe

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: OnePlus 7

IMG_20200130_183354_545.jpg IMG_20200130_183357_969__01.jpg

Description
The OnePlus 7 was the first release of the 7 series phones. This particular model has a mirror grey finish with a dual rear camera and water drop notch front camera. It has a large 6.4” Optic AMOLED display with an in-screen fingerprint scanner, a single USB-C port. It lacks a 3.5mm port for headphones but makes up for it with on-board Dolby Atmos sound channeled through stereo speakers.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
The phone is gorgeous to look at: the finish is very sleek and the screen is vivid and crisp. It fits perfectly within my hands.
The stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos make listening to any content a joyful experience.
The front camera is an improvement from the previous generation, and the rear cameras take excellent photographs even in auto mode.
My model has 8GB of RAM so everything is snappy, and an internal storage of 256GB. I will not be filling that any time soon.
The battery life is amazing and I can go a couple of days without charging it. Beyond that, the dash charge gives 60% of juice from empty in just 30 minutes.
Oxygen OS is a gorgeous take on Android and being on the current Android 10 is a welcome bonus.

Things I don't like
Unfortunately, the mirrored finish is an absolute fingerprint magnet so your best bet is a case which does not do the phone's looks justice.
The lack of headphone jack is a little disappointing but that is simply a matter of preference.
The phone doesn't come with a USB-C to 3.5mm dongle so you must purchase one separately, use USB-C headphones, or a wireless headset.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I would certainly recommend this phone to others because the pros outweigh the cons. Outside of that, the phone matches and outperforms other flagships for literally half the price: I got mine at only $413.